Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#69260 - 09/02/2002 20:54 PhatBox retail discontinued (sound familair?)
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Well, PhatNoise have discontinued the PhatBox. However, unlike SB, they did it by selling out of the limited run of retail Silver players they produced. They have no plans to continue retail production or sales. Sales of accessories is limited to current owners of retail product (so NO, you can't buy one of the Kenwood Kegs and then an adapter to put it on your Audi factory system).

This is a surprise considering they just recently introduced Sony support. Not to mention the players have only been available since November. I suspect there are not that many of them out there.

Just thought I'd post the "news" - they don't actually have any type of press-release about this fact. Just a notice when you try and enter their online store. I wasn't able to find the information they used to have about aftermarket and factory deck support either.

Bruno

#69261 - 10/02/2002 10:14 Re: PhatBox retail discontinued (sound familair?) [Re: hybrid8]
Chao

Well, my sympathies go to the Phatty Faithful. Misguided as they are

#69262 - 11/02/2002 02:39 Re: PhatBox retail discontinued (sound familair?) [Re: Chao]
CityBeach
new poster

Not only that, but Crutchfield sold out their stock of Music Kegs in 4 days. How is one supposed to get hold of these things?