Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#70390 - 12/02/2002 15:55 Has anyone installed a Tuner on E34 BMW 5-series?
The_Optimizer
journeyman

Loc: Texas
Has anyone here installed their empeg with a TUNER in an E34 BWM 5 Series (1989-1996) perferably one equipped with the full OBC (on board computer - not the digital Clock+Temperature module, or the analog face clock I see on some euro models)

My question is this: Is there enough room anywhere in the console close enough to the empeg unit for the tuner module to connect to it with the supplied cable, and if so where/exactly how did you install it? And if not, how much longer a cable was necessary to find the tuner module a mounting spot?

For those who wonder what I'm talking about, I was discussing the upcoming empeg installation on my 1995 M5 Touring with my longtime mechanic (who has previously done other custom stereo installations for other BMWs I've owned --- to excellent standards and results I must add), and basically it's just so very very tight in the cental console around the rear of the stereo due to the adjacent OBC moudule, dual-zone climate controls, wiring harnesses, and the heater core.

We're really not sure where to put the tuner module with the supplied length of cable. If we could get a longer connecting cable it would be no problem (we could move it towards the kick panel where there's plenty of room).

#70391 - 12/02/2002 19:51 Re: Has anyone installed a Tuner on E34 BMW 5-series? [Re: The_Optimizer]
alfaguy
new poster

I was kind of wondering about extending the wires to the tuner as well. I'm installing my Empeg and Tuner in another car that has no place to put the tuner behind the HU.

Anyone know if there is any reason why the wires to the tuner can't be extended, and if so is there a limit that shouldn't be exceeded?

Hey, Tony ... is there a FAQ entry :-)

Thanks

#70392 - 12/02/2002 19:58 Re: Has anyone installed a Tuner on E34 BMW 5-series? [Re: alfaguy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
In the duplicate of this thread in the General forum results in a reply from Hugo stating it's OK to daisy-chain tuner extension cables, then it will be a FAQ entry.