Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7166 - 19/08/1999 10:51 emplode bug
Clarke
journeyman

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ USA
I've been getting GPF faults in emplode when attempting to cut and paste play lists under a play list. It really pissed me off when it happed for the fourth time and of course you loose all the changes and have to start from scratch. I assume this is a general stability issue.

P.s. It would be nice to be able to save the playlist changes to continue to work on it later without having to start from scratch... I'd hate to think what my reaction would be when I just created my 50th playlist/artist group and emplode blows up on me... :-)

=-C

10gb/amber

______________________________________ Queue 351, Mk I, 30GB Mk II #60000022 80gb, Blue - docked Mk2a, 80GB, Bruface, lighted buttons and dial

#7167 - 19/08/1999 13:47 Re: emplode bug [Re: Clarke]
borgcube
stranger

Loc: Texas, US
After wasting a couple hours twice. I am now doing one playlist at a time and synchronizing. It is a shame after downloading 1.5G of music for the software to crush.

Alas we were warned that it was Betta software...

Kamau Wanguhu

#7168 - 20/08/1999 01:37 Re: emplode bug [Re: borgcube]
PaulH
enthusiast

Loc: England
By this definition isn't all Microsoft software classed
as Beta?

So far I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the empeg
in general considering the small size of the development
team (And I don't just mean Hugo's height!).

Cheers

Paul

#7169 - 20/08/1999 07:33 Re: emplode bug [Re: PaulH]
borgcube
stranger

Loc: Texas, US
Impressed we should remain.

By the way "Beta" is for Microsoft and "Betta" is, you know, a better Beta. :>

The software does seem to have some rough edges but overall it works as it should.

---
Kamau Wanguhu
BORGcube Systems
[email protected]

#7170 - 20/08/1999 15:11 Ah Ha! A work around... [Re: borgcube]
Clarke
journeyman

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ USA
I've figured out a work-around for the emplode blowing up on me and the lack of refresh (which may be related). What I do is go through and add all the playlists. When I need to create a sub-list, I hit F5 (refresh) which updates the screen and suddenly shows all those lists that I created. As long as I don't manipulate the playlists in the right hand window - using it soley for dropping MP3's into - emplode works great.

I'm in the process of pushing down about 5-6GB's of MP3's to it right now. I'm just about to start a long road trip (delayed while I'm waiting for it to push the stuff onto the empeg) and I wanted more tunes.

I can't wait to get this permenantly mounted in my car - right now I'm using a tape adapter.

Cheers,

=-C

______________________________________ Queue 351, Mk I, 30GB Mk II #60000022 80gb, Blue - docked Mk2a, 80GB, Bruface, lighted buttons and dial