Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7183 - 23/08/1999 16:00 Lock-up bug
Clarke
journeyman

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ USA
I've had the empeg lock up on me a few times in the past weekend. Typically it's when I'm manipulating the remote quickly and press multiple buttons in close sequence. Like the menu, select, next buttons. The empeg freezes whatever it's doing (including playing music) and the display locks and then nothing. No buttons work, the remote doesn't work and I have to power-cycle the unit. The unit picks up right where it stopped and continues on.

I haven't been able to replicate on demand yet. Everytime it happens I reboot and try to make it lock-up again but no luck. Then a few hours later it happens again. If I can pin it down any more I'll let you know.

=-Clarke

______________________________________ Queue 351, Mk I, 30GB Mk II #60000022 80gb, Blue - docked Mk2a, 80GB, Bruface, lighted buttons and dial

#7184 - 14/09/1999 15:48 Re: Lock-up bug [Re: Clarke]
deejay
new poster

Loc: Kent, England
I'm having much the same problem here - mine locks up mainly when switching playlists,but doesn't seem to have any consistency when it decides to lock up ?? - also having trouble with uploads / syncing seem to have a high lockup / failure rate here , I get a "good" connection perhaps 1 in every 4 attempts ?? I''ve tried serial and usb - upgraded from beta5c to 6a will see how this goes - any ideas anyone ??