Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7202 - 02/09/1999 06:51 Playlist song order
NasalGoat

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
I've noticed that when I select a few files, then move them into emplode, they do not get placed in the order they were in before the copy.

Basically, I have to go through and manually move the songs back into order. Yes, they are displaying according to track number.

I find that only one or two are usually out of order - generally the first and last songs.

That "bug" also reminds me that it would be nice to be able to see the original filename of the song as well - this makes it easier to re-order them, and also allows me to match up the original to the emplode list.

#7203 - 02/09/1999 11:40 Re: Playlist song order [Re: NasalGoat]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
You can work round this problem, because it only occurs when you drag-and-drop a list of tracks. If you copy and paste them instead the first and last tracks aren't transposed.

__
Unit serial number 47 (was 330 in the queue)...

#7204 - 02/09/1999 11:50 Re: Playlist song order [Re: NasalGoat]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
The tracks are entered in the order they come from explorer which I believe is dependent on the order they are selected in and "other factors".

I've just tried dragging some files into Winamp and suffered from exactly the same effect.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#7205 - 02/09/1999 18:32 Re: Playlist song order [Re: NasalGoat]
crock
new poster

Loc: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Yeah, I noticed this annoying feature when I drug my first disc into the unit. The best workaround I've found is this: After you select all the files, drag the files over by clicking and dragging the first track. Every time I do it this way, the tracks are in the correct order.

Chris

S/N 00042 List #50 10Gb Blue
S/N 00042 List #50 10Gb Blue

#7206 - 03/09/1999 05:28 Re: Playlist song order [Re: NasalGoat]
tychl
new poster

I've had this same problem, I found the solution is to click on the first song of your multi selection and drag it to emplode. For example, do a ctrl+A and drag the selected files to emplode, notice how the file you clicked on to drag the group is the first one in the list on emplode.

Hope this helps,