Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74348 - 23/02/2002 16:16 98' Mustang install...
Rojo
new poster

I was planning on replacing my dead factory CD player with the RIO in my stang by moving the radio to the bottom slot (formerly the cd player) and putting the Rio up top (gear shift would prevent removal of the rio otherwise). Numerous people (mainly radio install shops) have told me that having two radio'able units in a car is impossible without a switching unit. The FAQ also mentions this, but damn if I can find one. I'm not about to go into e-bay and pay another $300 for an FM tuner either...

So far, it's looking like my only alternative is to buy another head unit with an aux-in AND an amp, since my stang is MACH-less. Am I right? I refuse to use a FM modulator ;p

Also, I have an amp laying around, but it's just an 80watt, 2 channel deal, but I'm thinking that might be good enough for what I need it for.

Edited by Rojo (23/02/2002 16:50)

#74349 - 23/02/2002 21:23 Re: 98' Mustang install... [Re: Rojo]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Numerous people (mainly radio install shops) have told me that having two radio'able units in a car is impossible without a switching unit

what do you mean by "radio'able" ?

I think they are wrong you could hook the factory head unit to the aux in on the empeg if it only has speaker level outputs you can get speaker to line level adaptors

Matt