Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#77027 - 05/03/2002 04:49 Re: AAAAh Hijack website gone!!! [Re: mlord]
cyberco

Loc: United Kingdom
Hey Lord-M,

If you want to get a little revenge on all those ungreatfull empeg users who don't appriciate all your efforts, rather than delete the site - password lock your downloads!

Don't forget to send me a copy of your latest password first though!!!!

I know you won't do this, but at least reading this might give food for thought to all those currently appriciating freeby downloads and make them more appriciative!!!!!

#77028 - 05/03/2002 07:39 Re: AAAAh Hijack website gone!!! [Re: cyberco]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Naw, I wouldn't even consider that. All or nothing.

Cheers

#77029 - 05/03/2002 07:54 Re: AAAAh Hijack website gone!!! [Re: cyberco]
kimbotha

Loc: London, UK
That sounds too much like closed source to me... *grin*

Thanks for keeping your hacking open for the rest of us Mark... we do appreciate it...

Cheers

Kim

#77030 - 05/03/2002 07:55 Re: AAAAh Hijack website gone!!! [Re: mlord]
cyberco

Loc: United Kingdom
ok mate, but don't cut me off, I put all the hijack updates on my player as they are released and it's kinda addictive checking for them every day!

;-)

#77031 - 05/03/2002 20:18 Re: AAAAh Hijack website gone!!! [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
See, misinterpreting again. I wasn't blaming anything, not even partially, on Mark. All I said was that I did not appreciate how Mark replied to my one message - that's the only thing that prompted the reply Mark so kindly linked the Hijack page to. That has nothing to do with what anyone else wrote.

No one needed to jump to Mark's defence because there was no attack to begin with. At least some people understood that, because I received PM mentioning specifically that.

Now... Jumping on close-out price people. I can remember one thread that got pretty long, but it obviously wasn't anything about how much money someone spent on the player. Many people have mentioned how the board has ballooned since December and it's undergone some growing pains. Besides, I don't remember picking on anyone. Now the stuff about the English language.... That was just Bitt picking on everyone else. And he can more than hold his own in that regard. Damn him.

Now I'm going to email Mark about something he can do next month in Hijack to freak everyone out...

Bruno

#77032 - 05/03/2002 21:01 Re: AAAAh Hijack website gone!!! [Re: hybrid8]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
No April Fools Jokes!

#77033 - 05/03/2002 21:13 Re: AAAAh Hijack website gone!!! [Re: lectric]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
You are right - it doesn't make any differance what anyone paid for it. Basically, I was refering to a time period in late December when this board got swamped with many new members that fit that description. Most of them were like you - they always loved the empeg from afar - and thought it was worth the money - yet simply couldn't afford it. I myself was that way for a long time. Because of this, I was lucky enough to get that $1299 Mk2 that had a 12GB drive (compared to others who paid even more for a Mk1 with a smaller drive at an earlier date). So, because I've only been on the board for just over a year, compared to other members, I'm a newbie too.

Yet, this December, there were a handful who's only reason that they didn't buy the empeg at an earlier date was because they "didn't get it" - meaning that they really had no idea what this thing is capable of and thought there were cheaper - equally equiped options. So, those buyers got their RioCars at $199 and immediately started complaining about them. Some of us took offense to that (and were maybe a bit envious of the deal they got! ) and some heated debates broke out. Like was stated, those people either eventually found out what the empeg _really_ was and grew to fully appreciate it - or they got bored and left.

I for one (and I think most will agree) think that the forum is a better place because of the price drop. We've got tons of new members that have contributed idea, boot logos, 3rd party programs - you name it! This place has really come alive in the last 3 months.

Drakino did a better job explaining it than I can at this late hour - so I'll leave it at that.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2