Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#77160 - 02/03/2002 13:55 pioneer headunit and rio
xxxpcpxxx
new poster

i have hooked up rio to pioneer via the ip-bus aux in adapter for the pioneer and i can't seem to figure out a way to turn on the aux input function for the pioneer. both units power on fine. also i have noticed that if i turn my keys to acc while the rio is still in the dock, it'll start to boot which i is normal. but if i take out the keys immediately the rio still continues to boot and it'll even go into it's playlist and start playing songs and stuff. is this normal or did i wire up things the wrong way?

#77161 - 02/03/2002 14:41 Re: pioneer headunit and rio [Re: xxxpcpxxx]
juenk
journeyman

Loc: Waardenburg, The Netherlands
Within a few weeks I'm going too hook up my empeg to a pioneer unit as well (when installing into the car).

My manual indicates that AUX is standard switched off (and invisible in the menu's), and can be activitated as follows:
1. Enter the initial setup menu by pressing the "F" (Functions) button for 2 seconds
2. Step trough the various setup functions by repeatedly pressing the "F" key again (FM STEP --> A-PI --> AUX).
3. Once the AUX option is displayed, use the up/down keys to activate or deactivate the AUX menu.
4. Once activited, the AUX menu should be present when switching sources during normal usage (tuner/CD/Tape/AUX/..)

Probably the same kind of logic will be valid for your head unit.

Jelle

#77162 - 02/03/2002 17:44 Re: pioneer headunit and rio [Re: juenk]
xxxpcpxxx
new poster

thank you very much....that did the trick. i haven't hooked up the rio yet cuz it's raining right now and i only have four songs on it but i am sure it'll work. now i hope someone answers the other question.

#77163 - 04/03/2002 11:43 Re: pioneer headunit and rio [Re: xxxpcpxxx]
MaximaJed
stranger

I have mine hook up the same way with my DEH-7400. The sound is great.

#77164 - 04/03/2002 16:48 Re: pioneer headunit and rio [Re: xxxpcpxxx]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
but if i take out the keys immediately the rio still continues to boot and it'll even go into it's playlist and start playing songs and stuff. is this normal

Yes.

Once you start the bootup process, as long as there is power to the player (which you have, because in-car there are two sources: "Switched" and "Memory") it will continue.

When you turn your car off and take the keys out, you will notice that the blue diode above the volume knob continues to flash for some time period you can set in Emplode. If you press one of the front panel buttons, you will see that the player comes back to life -- you can then play the stereo with the car shut off. This is by design.

tanstaafl.

#77165 - 04/03/2002 20:25 Re: pioneer headunit and rio [Re: tanstaafl.]
xxxpcpxxx
new poster

thanks for the reply. so it's not just me then. i feel much better now.