Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#77452 - 04/03/2002 02:10 Poor slow jEmplode is not quite as slow
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
There's a new version of jEmplode prerelease that is substantially faster during the "thinking time" after it reads the database from the Empeg and while importing files from the filesystem (possibly copy-and-paste too, though that's more limited by creating a slew of nodes).

Sadly I was doing a ton of sorting that I didn't need to (I was inadvertantly sorting the soup playlist contents, which is silly since the user selects the column to sort on -- it meant that there were a HUGE number of sorts happening during those operations). Sorry guys

Also in this release is the ability to drag-n-drop M3U files and a playlist will be created that is the same name as the M3U file (actually, this supports nested M3U's too). This is the first step towards reading/writing the entire Empeg contents as a soup + a set of M3U's.

Mike

#77453 - 04/03/2002 03:44 Re: Poor slow jEmplode is not quite as slow [Re: mschrag]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
This is the first step towards reading/writing the entire Empeg contents as a soup + a set of M3U's.

Ah, perfect! So we will finally be able to truly keep PC and empeg in sync, with multiple references and all.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue