My upgrade to a 20gB drive and Windows 2000 has been going pretty well (and taking all day!) One thing I am having trouble with is my Norton Internet Security. I bought a version in the end of August that came with the personal firewall and anti-virus. It was $75 or something. I've been happy with it, and it was a great piece of mind knowing it was on my system.

Well, I did a complete clean install of Windows 2K by backing up most files to my new "file server" that I set up yesterday. I bought Norton online, and it was a download, but the only file it lets you keep (asks you to open from site IIRC) is a "Recover" utility. The thing is, the recover program doesn't work under Win2K (and the original download was probably for Win98, ME).

So now I'm out $75 and will have to pay $39 for an upgrade... what a crock. I thought they'd have to have SOMETHING in place for people that upgrade OS's. At least my AntiVirus should still work...

Norton's online help doesn't "help" much and I was on hold for an hour and a half today... no luck.

McAfee here I come?