Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#78910 - 09/03/2002 06:29 Aux In too quiet; can Hijack fix it?
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
Hi,

I have a Sony XM tuner hooked up to the Aux In on my empeg. The Sony unit is really "pants" in a number of ways, but one that really bothers me is the fact that the line out volume level is exceptionally low. Switching back and forth between DSP and Aux has the Aux sounding only about half as loud. I have to crank up the volume to make the XM listenable. If I accidentally forget to turn it down when switching back to the player... well, it hurts.

Mark, I've followed Hijack pretty closely, and haven't seen anything that might help me. Am I missing anything? If not, is there any reason why you couldn't potentially add a feature to save different volume offsets for different sources, either dynamically in the flash as they're adjusted, or at least just in the config.ini?

#78911 - 09/03/2002 13:23 Re: Aux In too quiet; can Hijack fix it? [Re: adavidw]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Sure. I've already tendered out a volume offset for the Tuner, so another for Aux-in should be pretty easy. I'll ask Genexia in the bass/treble thread.

Cheers

#78912 - 09/03/2002 15:47 Re: Aux In too quiet; can Hijack fix it? [Re: mlord]
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
Thanks, Mark. Around the time you were posting this I saw the talk of the tuner offset in that thread, so I'll keep up with it there.

Again, thanks.