Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#81246 - 16/03/2002 11:07 !! Urgent info need to finish custom mount project
DeadCow
new poster

Call it lack of planning....

On the back of the RioCar cage, I'd like to narrow down how many wires are hanging off the pigtail. I need to save size.

I'll never use the tuner... That's gone.

Basically, I'm going to be using the Aux Input, ONE output, Constant 12v, switched 12v, Illumination, and remote.

What can I cut? I know I can cut anything, buyt the RioCar being a computer and all, I just want to make sure it's not expecting to see something and have me go and snip it.

What functionality do I lose if I snip the mic and/ or serial? Thanks for your help guys and gals!

#81247 - 16/03/2002 11:18 Re: !! Urgent info need to finish custom mount project [Re: DeadCow]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Ouch ouch ouch...

Oh well... AFAIK you could snip anything except the power wires (+12V, switched +12V and ground) and it'd still boot and work.

The mic input doesn't at this moment have any functionality at all; future possibilties that could happen are voice control, active sound silencing, auto equalizing setup...

Serial: Obviously you can't connect anything serial in the car - PDAs, GPS, video generator, ODBII diagnostics/control.

Personally, I'd go a long way in investigating the possibility to cut up the car instead.

/Michael

#81248 - 16/03/2002 11:20 Re: !! Urgent info need to finish custom mount project [Re: DeadCow]
zaskar
new poster

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I would not cut anything, remove them from the harness you need a paper clip to do this. There is a post about it somewhere.