Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#86871 - 11/04/2002 18:15 so freakin frustrated (help needed asap please)
rockstar
enthusiast

Alright, so a while ago i posted that i was having some static problems.. well today was 93 degrees and i decided, if i am going to fix it , i better start moving, since it is only going to get hotter.

I checked a few basic things.. first the noise is from teh empeg to the amp, tested with a portable cd player.

Second, for the 5th time some of the connections have come loose from the harness. It is rediculous.. i have had so many problems with the wires coming out of the back of the harness, and i am careful as can be. I don't tug on onything, and i bundle well when installed.. the wires are just in there badly.

So a few things.

#1) the memory (yellow wire with the battery pack) should be soldered into which pin location.

#2) it also appears that 2 of the serial connection wires have come out.. which i never use. Can i just remove the serial connection from in car completely, it is worthless to me, but i don't know if the empeg will moan about not having it connected, even thoug teh adaptor goes to nothing.. same goes for the tuner mod.

At the rate i am going, i may as well frmove them and solder them all back into place if needed since there are only about 6 wires left that i haven't had to redo anyway.

#3) is there anyway i can get a docking connector at this point? i don't even want the cage, just the connector, i have had it with this one. I should have sent it back in when teh first wire pulle dout, but i didn't feel like waiting 3 weeks to get it back.

#4) the static is now HORRIBLE.. i have tried to isolate it from the deck to no avail. I changed the ground locations, i made sure all teh wires were in there cleany.. i actually am starting to wonder if the rca connectors conneted to the sled have gone off, i can't find anything else.. all i know is that it is worse now after moving the sled.

Any thoughts on any of this appreciated.. i am really sick of effing with it.

#86872 - 11/04/2002 19:13 Re: so freakin frustrated (help needed asap please) [Re: rockstar]
rockstar
enthusiast

lol, no one has any ideas huh?

#86873 - 11/04/2002 19:48 Re: so freakin frustrated (help needed asap please [Re: rockstar]
Sheetzam

Loc: Annandale, VA
Dude, give us a little more than an hour and 44 views. We're thinking, we're thinking....

#86874 - 11/04/2002 19:51 Re: so freakin frustrated (help needed asap please) [Re: rockstar]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Is the 'static' you're refering to caused by dodgy connections? Be certain that it is the empeg harness before getting replacement parts

It really sounds like a faulty connector on the empeg and the cage. Contact support.

#86875 - 11/04/2002 19:57 Re: so freakin frustrated (help needed asap please) [Re: muzza]
rockstar
enthusiast

it is a conention based thing. amp is fine, used diff rca's

tried 4 diff grounds.. now of course i have the super thump of doom being caused by the other power wire having come out.

as far as contacting support, i am out of warranty.. however this was a previously reported issue, so i don't know how they deal with that. or if they even have a record.. i may have an email buried somewhere.

#86876 - 11/04/2002 19:58 Re: so freakin frustrated (help needed asap please [Re: Sheetzam]
rockstar
enthusiast

heh, yah i was trying to get it done by sundown, i waited to long to post, i think i spent about 2 hours troubleshooting it.. alas to no avail.

#86877 - 11/04/2002 20:05 Re: so freakin frustrated (help needed asap please) [Re: rockstar]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
It sounds like you simply had one of the faulty docking connectors that was not crimped properly. This is most likely the entire reason for the static in the first place.

This was a known problem with a certain run of the docking connectors, and it was a support issue. Many replacement wiring looms have been sent to people who requested it. If your player is still under warranty, you are still eligible to receive a replacement wiring loom free of charge. I suggest you contact support and take advantage of this if you can.

#86878 - 11/04/2002 20:07 Re: so freakin frustrated (help needed asap please) [Re: tfabris]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Coming from someone that has gotten replacement looms, empeg sends the loom first. You send the busted one back once you get the replacement. There is no downtime.

#86879 - 12/04/2002 05:33 Re: so freakin frustrated (help needed asap please) [Re: rockstar]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I think you answered your own question, right?

Contact David for a replacement wiring loom.

Rob

#86880 - 12/04/2002 10:49 Re: so freakin frustrated (help needed asap please) [Re: rob]
rockstar
enthusiast

ayh i contacted david! he said he woudl drop one in the mail for me!