Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#87508 - 13/04/2002 23:32 Fascia and Player in different locations
XFiRE
new poster

Hi this is my first post here!

Has anyone tried to mount the actual player say under the seat or somewhere out of sight and the fascia itself in a dash location?...
I have a dash opening in my truck that wont fit the whole player but will take the fascia, if I made a little fiberglass body for it. It would require that I extend the display (20-pin) flat cable to about 4-5 feet. Would there be issues with that?
Would appreciate any input. Thanks!

BTW Great board

#87509 - 14/04/2002 00:28 Re: Fascia and Player in different locations [Re: XFiRE]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Remote mounting the display is possible. See the image below that came from this thread. I don't think there has ever been a car installation using remote display mounting though.

#87510 - 14/04/2002 01:01 Re: Fascia and Player in different locations [Re: XFiRE]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
XFire,

I have changed your BBS signature so that it no longer points to that large image file. It's a very nice picture, quite well composed, and it's really neat that you even made its background color match the BBS color, but it's a bad idea to include it with every post.

If I had allowed it to stay, it would have made threads hard to read, and made it take a long time for modem-users to load pages with your posts on them.

Linking larger images is allowed on the BBS as long as they are informative, important to the subject at hand, and not part of the signature causing it to be repeated on every message. You can compose a very small image and include it in your profile so that people configured to "view headers on the side" can see it.

On to your question:

Your question is answered in the FAQ. The FAQ directly contradicts Rob R's response. Please click here to read the FAQ entry on this subject, and decide for yourself which piece of advice is more accurate.

It is recommended that new users give the FAQ a good skimming before posting.

#87511 - 14/04/2002 01:22 Re: Fascia and Player in different locations [Re: tfabris]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Well, the thread Rob pointed to made it pretty clear (IMO) that it is anything but easy. Possible yes, but in the way that most anything is possible if you throw enough resources (time and/or money) at it.

/Michael