Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#89269 - 19/04/2002 01:40 2 Hijack Bugs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Two hijack bugs:

1) Clock. When you select Clock from the PopUp0 menu it gives me the time 5 hours fast, that is, when I have the Timezone set to US central. When I change the timezone, the hijack clock does not adjust. So it's obviously a problem with the timezone.

2) Screen blanker. When I leave the screen blanker on it blanks like it should but then after a while it goes into standby. It seems random. The stanby timer is off; I can't figure out why it does this. Is it meant to do this?

#89270 - 19/04/2002 02:51 Re: 2 Hijack Bugs [Re: ]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
1) From the Hijack web page:
    Added "Clock" virtual button code (stick it onto a PopUpX menu) to display current time/date for a few seconds; added "[hijack] time_offset=mmm" for config.ini to correct the time-of-day (because the player doesn't pass timezone to the kernel..).
2) Don't know anything about this one.

#89271 - 19/04/2002 11:51 Re: 2 Hijack Bugs [Re: ]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
2) Screen blanker. When I leave the screen blanker on it blanks like it should but then after a while it goes into standby. It seems random. The stanby timer is off; I can't figure out why it does this. Is it meant to do this?

This is also a feature. From Hijack FAQ:
In reply to:

standby_minutes=30

Number of minutes to automatically stop the player and put unit in standby after the screen blanker fires (default shown). When playlist completes, screen blanker begins countdown regardless of screen activity, then it triggers standby counter.

If you want it to stop shutting down, either increase timeout or increase blanker sensitivity so that is shows the screen here and there.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#89272 - 19/04/2002 18:07 Re: 2 Hijack Bugs [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well that about explains it.