Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#89516 - 20/04/2002 13:14 2b11 Volume Beep
Anonymous
Unregistered

When the volume is below 0 db, and I want it at 0 db, then I usually hold the volume button on the remote until it automatically stops on 0. It stops like it should but it keeps beeping. This can be annoying cause often I want to turn it up to 0 without having to look at the display. Similarly, if it's in (overdrive) and you hold down the volume button, it'll beep nonstop but the volume won't go anywhere. I like the volume working like that, I just don't like the unnecessary beeping. And it also beeps when you try to turn it up past 10 db.

It's not a big deal, but personally I just think it should beep only when the volume actually changes, not just every time you push the button.

#89517 - 20/04/2002 13:21 Re: 2b11 Volume Beep [Re: ]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I don't use the beeps, but I feel the opposite. I would think most folks would want the beeps to indicate any time the player is receiving command input, even if the input is invalid.

#89518 - 20/04/2002 14:29 Re: 2b11 Volume Beep [Re: tfabris]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Yeah, the beeps were the first setting I changed on the player. Regardless, It seems to me that both of you are correct. How about a different tone on ``invalid'' input. So holding down the volume like Y. suggests would go beep-beep-beep-boop-boop.