Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#98405 - 13/06/2002 07:22 Re: *Badly* need radio fm tuner for RioCar! [Re: boxer]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
I think the major stumbling block is the old USB master/slave thingy. I'm sure the software is do-able (the audio decoding being the least of our worries!). I'm afraid it's a case of the hardware being incompatable . If you wanted to go overboard you could always get one of those miniscule PC's (like Hugo's mp3mobile, except with a beefier CPU), run windows 98 and use the VIADAB API to provide serial control of the reciever. You could then write a program bound to a Hijack menu that would allow you to tune to an ensemble, pick a service, list all available services, etc. Although it is a 'sledgehammer to crack a nut' solution. I do have a liitle VB app that gives me control of all these things, I suppose I could bodge serial control on. All that leave is the C code on the empeg and I've only recently started getting to grips with C++ under win32...

Nurse, pass me my minitature PC and wavefinder please....

Andy M

#98406 - 13/06/2002 08:43 Re: *Badly* need radio fm tuner for RioCar! [Re: Laura]
stahimooney

Loc: Virginia
Laura,
I will install it for you if you have everything ready to go around the 22nd or so. Gonna cost you some skyline chili though. Everyone would get the wrong idea if I said Laura is gonna buy me a couple of three-ways... oops. I guess I did say that outloud huh. ROFLMAO

StaHi

#98407 - 13/06/2002 13:55 Re: *Badly* need radio fm tuner for RioCar! [Re: stahimooney]
Laura
pooh-bah

Loc: Greenhills, Ohio
Oh my god you will!!! That would save me $100's. It would be worth buying you some Skyline chili for. What, can't you handle a 4 or 5 way?

Send me a PM on this so I know what you need me to get.

MKI #017/90

whatever

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2