Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#156675 - 22/04/2003 19:27 Question on Boot Logo
Gleep

Loc: Iowa
I am using version 2.0 and Hijack. I have installed a logo (non animated). Tthe hijack animated logo shows up just fine, then if I am lucky the logo I installed shows for less than half a second. Is there any way to have my static logo show longer?

Thanks
Gleep

#156676 - 22/04/2003 19:42 Re: Question on Boot Logo [Re: Gleep]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Is there any way to have my static logo show longer?
Yes.

The reason this happens is because the animated logo that comes with Hijack runs a tad "long" in terms of frame count.

To make your logo appear longer, use the animated logo editor in Jemplode to create or install your own animated logo that is shorter than the one in Hijack. If you like, you can modify the Hijack one so that it's shorter, or you can completely replace it with a single frame comprised of of just your logo.

A selection of animated logos (including the default 2.0 logo and the default Hijack logo) can be found at Riocar.org.

#156677 - 22/04/2003 20:13 Re: Question on Boot Logo [Re: tfabris]
Gleep

Loc: Iowa
Thanks, that worked. (I loaded the waving tux one)

Now I would like to create my own animated one based off my static one. I can't seem to find a way to load my static one (bmp) into the animated editor. Is this just not possible or am I missing something?

Gleep

#156678 - 22/04/2003 20:24 Re: Question on Boot Logo [Re: Gleep]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I think that the Animation Editor (built into Jemplode) only accepts frames as GIF files...

#156679 - 22/04/2003 20:36 Re: Question on Boot Logo [Re: Gleep]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This one is covered in the predictable place:

Draw your animation frames, either directly into the animation editor in jEmplode, or by using a third-party painting program such as Paint Shop Pro. If you are using a third-party program, make sure it can save individual images as .PNG files or save entire animations as animated .GIF files.
Or better yet, click on HELP in the Jemplode animation editor and it sends you to a page with this text:

Under the File menu, you'll notice you can Save as PNG... and Open Image... This allows you to export a single frame from your Frame Pool to a PNG file and to load a single frame back in from a GIF, JPEG, or PNG.