Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#16381 - 01/09/2000 16:41 So, it's finally working
iank
new poster

After replacing a bad amp and installing a filter for the alternator noise everything is just peachy. A few things do bug me about the unit:

- LED display. LCD man, LCD. Then I could read it in sunlight.
- Visuals don't take into account the info line. The should.
- Rotory knob on the wrong side. What do these guys do? Drive on the left side of the road or something? :-)
- Unit doesn't remember visual/info setting on powerup.
- It has a clock but cannot display it. It'd be cool if you could have the info line at the bottom, Time and date on the right side in a narrow column and the rest of the screen doing the vis thing.
- Waiting for radio module.

#16382 - 01/09/2000 16:50 Re: So, it's finally working [Re: iank]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
- LED display. LCD man, LCD. Then I could read it in sunlight.

I can read my Mark 1 in direct sunlight, better than any LCD display I've ever owned. Perhaps the issue is that your faceplate just doesn't have any anti-reflective coating like my Mk1 does. They're working on that problem, as I understand it.

Unit doesn't remember visual/info setting on powerup.

Well, it does, if you have the latest software and you understand one important feature they added. Read this.

It has a clock but cannot display it.

Odd, I thought they'd added a clock display at some point. Are you running the latest software?

#16383 - 01/09/2000 17:23 Re: So, it's finally working [Re: tfabris]
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hm. I'm running the latest software for sure, but I don't see a way to display the time or date without going into the settings menu selection as if you are setting it up...

- Jon

#16384 - 01/09/2000 18:12 Re: So, it's finally working [Re: jbauer]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hm. I'm running the latest software for sure, but I don't see a way to display the time or date without going into the settings menu selection as if you are setting it up..

Ah, well I must be mistaken, then. I don't own a mark 2 so I'm only going from memory.

#16385 - 02/09/2000 00:33 Re: So, it's finally working [Re: tfabris]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
I thought they'd added a clock display

There's no clock display yet, though the Mk2 has a clock and keeps it updated.
It is currently only used to decide when disk checks are needed (and it times file creation attributes, of course) so it makes sense to set it properly.

I bet there will be a facility to display time sometime, possibly with other niceties as syncing time from your computer, RDS, alarm (=timed wake-up), etc. Fine with me: in most cars there are way to many clocks anyhow, each displaying a (slightly) different time . . .

Henno
mk2 6 nr 6

#16386 - 02/09/2000 04:26 Re: So, it's finally working [Re: tfabris]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
The clock isn't displayed anywhere but the settings menu as yet. It will appear in a future release, and hopefully Toby will do something neat with it in a visualisation.

Rob