Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#238645 - 22/10/2004 15:36 Sony Stalk ??
belezeebub
addict

Question, seeing even the New Uber 2005 Model Alpine still have a Less then stealler interface (they addedd search for the ipod now) are there ANY functions of the Empeg that can't be accessed with the stalk? considering mounting the empeg under the seat, getting a sony stalk and running the empeg through the alpine 's input ?
it would be cheaper then buying a ipod and interface.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#238646 - 22/10/2004 15:47 Re: Sony Stalk ?? [Re: belezeebub]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The problem isn't which functions can't be accessed. You can control plenty of the empeg functions with a stalk. Especially since you can use Hijack's IR Translate feature. But that still doesn't help you.

The REAL problem is seeing what you're doing on the screen. If you can't see the menu options you're selecting, you end up selecting blind and screwing up.

As I said here, if all you ever want to do is shuffle the whole player and hit next track and previous track, you can mount the empeg under the seat and use a stalk or IR repeater. But if you want to do anything more than that, you've gotta see the screen.

#238647 - 22/10/2004 15:56 Re: Sony Stalk ?? [Re: tfabris]
belezeebub
addict

Forgot to say I was going to aim a cheesy video camera at the empeg screen and use it that way
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#238648 - 22/10/2004 16:31 Re: Sony Stalk ?? [Re: belezeebub]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Ah, well, then, yes the Stalk interface will work. You'll mostly be restricted to doing things that you could do from the player's front panel (for instance, alphanumeric searches can't be done from the stalk unless you use Emphatic), but I know plenty of people who deliberately leave the remote at home. A list of front-panel-versus-remote features is here.

Please note that you must have the tuner module in order to have the stalk interface.