Have been playing with my empeg for 3 days now, it is a marvelous little machine, but the beta software is really still beta. It works but has quirks. E.g. the playlist organisation VERY confusing.

Emplode suggests a hierarchal organisation, with CD as folders for tracks; CDs in folders by Artist; and Artists by types of music (or user, or whatever). The playslist on the Empeg, however, displays all Artists, Albums and even Empeg as a global file sequentially without any apparent organisation . Tracks too seem to be played in sequential order (within CD title, but carry over from one CD-title into any other. It is _VERY_ hard to find an album and play it all by itself.

1) Is this because of the immature (beta 6) software and to be resolved later?

Also: Audiocatalyst can generate folders by Artist, and subfolders by CD. I expected that I could drop a folder of an Artist into emplode, and that it would automatically copy the Artist-name, all CDs (subfolders named after the title of the CD) within that artist's folder, and MP3 files (tracks) into emplode. Emplode, however, refuses as it assumes that the 'file is in use elsewhere'.

2) Any plans for supporting AC directories and naming?

Henno
1851 in the list; unit 120