Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#37263 - 27/08/2001 13:42 Buy in US, live in Europe
Schorschi
stranger

Loc: FL, USA
I'm thinking about buying a Rio Car (10GB) in the US when I go there in October; mainly for the purpose of saving on the somewhat high tax. I have calculated that I could save around US$300 that way, unless customs insist on their share, of course, but that's another story.

Questions I have:

Will I have warranty cover me in Europe even though I bought the device in the US?

What power supply does the US version come with? A 110V only, or universal 100V-240V? (The international shop site asks to specify the adapter plug when ordering. This could imply that it is a universal power adapter and it comes really only with different plugs). I don't suppose that they would be selling the European plug power supplies in the US though, would they?

If there is only a 110V adapter available for the US version is there a way to exchange that with a 220V one? Same question goes if the adapter is universal, but comes with US prongs only.

Any other things I should be aware of?

Georg

#37264 - 28/08/2001 02:40 Re: Buy in US, live in Europe [Re: Schorschi]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
The unit will be covered, yes.

The US adaptor is 110v only. You can buy a european adaptor from the european store though at www.empeg.com

Hugo