I've been putting it off too long now. So, I am finally ready to announce the merger will occur next Sunday, June 27th. At that time, the board will officially change to http://empegbbs.com/ with redirectors on both the old addresses. All existing links in the community to specific threads will remain valid, with silent redirectors to their new location. Expect some downtime that day, probably starting at about noon eastern time, and ending when the process is complete a few hours later.

If you have accounts on both boards, your password and profile will match what is on the empeg side. All private messages, favorite threads, and post trackers will merge into the one unified account. So, don't fear any data loss, However, if you have an empeg account but can't remember the password, now would be a good time to use the "forgotten password" link.

One uncertain part of this merger is if the upgrade to 6.4 board software will occur right away or not. I will be testing this upgrade path on the test board to determain if it is stable enough to leave alone while I go on vacation. The good news about 6.4 is that it should resolve a few peoples posting issues, along with adding some nice new features, including the possibility of RSS news feeds.