Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74555 - 24/02/2002 15:02 Absolute Domination.
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Of course you know what I'm talking about.

Bruno

#74556 - 24/02/2002 15:24 Re: Absolute Domination. [Re: hybrid8]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
Of course you know what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I know. (Really, do you think it's polite to gloat like this??) Well, the ice storms of 1998 may have left the maple syrup industry in Maine down, but they're not out! Maine will be back!! Our Grade A Light Amber will kick your No. 1 Extra Light's butt!!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#74557 - 24/02/2002 15:43 Re: Absolute Domination. [Re: jimhogan]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

I have to hide this fact, being from Canada, but I love Aunt Jemima's syrup. I know, it's blasphemy. The un-maple syrup. (Or Maple-like if you prefer).

Damn, that was one hell of a hockey game. Team USA turned up the heat to 11 in the third period. I'm also glad to say it was a much cleaner game than some of the others in the series. Very well played by both teams.

Bruno

#74558 - 24/02/2002 19:36 Re: Absolute Domination. [Re: hybrid8]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
One thing that was awesome about watching the games was that being from Detroit, there were Red Wings to cheer for on almost every team (even Russia's coach is a former Wing and one of my favorite players!)! Many people around here (Detroit is a big hocket town) said that they didn't really care who won - we just loved watching! As patriotic as we all are now, we still recognize that hockey is Canada's game. I grew up cheering for the Oilers and have a soft spot for any of the original 6 NHL teams (why so few Canadian teams back then?!)

So congratulations on the gold!

Oh yeah, I dig the fake maple syrup too... I had the 100% real stuff once... once.

#74559 - 24/02/2002 20:12 Re: Absolute Domination. [Re: hybrid8]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
I thought you were talking about ice-boxing.

Ican't believe it's not Maple

#74560 - 24/02/2002 20:45 Re: Absolute Domination. [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
Oh yeah, I dig the fake maple syrup too...

I think you and Bruno both need to go some isolated sanitorium in northern Manitoba and get some treatment!! Cornstarch and sugar and ()*^&(&* substituting for the One True Pancake Lubricant??

"Stacks of hot pancakes all covered in syrup,
Canadian Mounties riding high in the stirrup,
Hard rubber hockey pucks shot from the wings......
These are a few of my Favorite Thinnngs!........."

They weren't talking Aunt Jemima!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#74561 - 24/02/2002 21:17 Re: Absolute Domination. [Re: hybrid8]
grgcombs
addict

Loc: Dallas, TX
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I assume you're talking about the future lack of Olympic programming on my TV for another 2 years. Man I can't wait to not see those rings.

Of course about the time they stop showing this mess, they start up with those Goodwill games.

The only good thing I have to say about the Olympics is that they didn't preempt the Simpsons or Sopranos.

Greg

#74562 - 24/02/2002 21:31 Re: Absolute Domination. [Re: grgcombs]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Blame NBC for not knowing how to cover the games properly. But having no pre-emptions is a little tough. No excuse for any of the other networks though. They get the full blame for their own schedules. Most weren't brave enough to chance their lineups against certain nights of Olympic coverage.

But the Sopranos? The new season won't start for quite a while still. Are you the only person that's not caught up yet? And not seen most of the episodes at least twice? I don't even have HBO for the luxury. Just DVD and some tapes.

Bruno