Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#147374 - 06/03/2003 16:23 Fan of the Daily Show
fusto
addict

Loc: Lummi Island, WA
Lately I have been very much enjoying my evening viewing of The Daily Show on Comedy Central.
Mostly I think its because Jon Stewart usually says exactly what I'm thinking.
I guess its reassuring in a weird sort of way to hear somebody else give a public opinion thats the same as mine. Kind-a makes me feel not so alone.

Also since its the only "news" show I can stand to watch its also pretty much become my only source for news.
How pathetic is that?
News from Comedy Central.
Oh dear...

Anyway, I just had to share.
And if you find yourself flipping channels at around 11:00PM flip on over to Comedy Central and give it a view.
Just so youre pre-warned its not a real news show, and the anchor is heavily opinionated. But in a good way. At least for me.

#147375 - 06/03/2003 16:27 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: fusto]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The show's really evolved since it was Craig Kilborn's show.

#147376 - 06/03/2003 16:28 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: fusto]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I would say a news show fits into their lineup better than battle bots. I wonder how they ever decided to have that show. Too bad it isn't on anymore I miss fighting robots.

Matt

#147377 - 06/03/2003 16:29 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: fusto]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
When Stweart first took over, it was horrible. It has gotten much better since now that the show is more suited to his comedic style. That said, I'm still a bigger fan of the quirky humor that the show had when Kilborn was the host.

#147378 - 06/03/2003 16:41 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: fusto]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like it because Stewart and the interviews they do are so damn funny. I don't think he's really that opinionated, or at least he doesn't show it very much. He makes fun everyone.

#147379 - 06/03/2003 17:09 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: ]
fusto
addict

Loc: Lummi Island, WA
What I mean by opinionated is his open hatred and disdain for our president.
I happen to agree with him, but not everybody might.

#147380 - 06/03/2003 18:17 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: fusto]
TheRhino

Loc: Aurora, CO
I love the "Back In Black" segment with Lewis Black. It's on every Wednesday show. He, just like Stewart, is a riot. I agree. It's the only news show worth watching. They tell it like it is.

#147381 - 06/03/2003 19:01 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: fusto]
Tim
veteran

Loc: Arizona
I watch about 4 hours of TV per year that is not a hockey (yeah, I'm lame). However, I do get my daily dose of the Daily Show from my boss, who watches it religiously. Some of the stuff they come up with is amazing.

So far my favorite is talking about the Homeland Threat Levels while standing on a street corner watching the turn signal. My boss describing it almost made me cry. Funny stuff

#147382 - 06/03/2003 19:12 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: Tim]
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
I love that show. Has anybody else seen the infamous Orange Juice Makes You Gay interview, I have been hooked ever since that one. And Stewart is one of the few people who can crack me up just by making a face in reaction to something. Lewis Black is awesome too (I really need to get a copy of his Starbucks-across-from-a-Starbucks rant), but all the "reporters" are just excellent all the way around. One of the best things on T.V. at the moment IMHO.

#147383 - 06/03/2003 20:13 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: fusto]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I agree. The Daily Show is one of my absolute favorite shows. I disagree that Kilborn was better. No way. Kilborn was so full of himself that any interview became all about him. At least when Stewart starts talking about himself it is a) funny, and b) self-depricating.

The one thing I miss from the Kilborn days were the reporters. I really miss a couple of those guys, although many of the new ones are hilarious as well. Steve Correl (sp?) is great, as well as that Ed guy.

Of course, my favorite person on the whole show is the one who's been on it the longest, Steve Colbert. That man is the one of the funniest people ever. He is the perfect faux news reporter. Pitch perfect.

Anyway, it's a wonderful show.

#147384 - 06/03/2003 23:46 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: Dignan]
ithoughti
old hand

Loc: Boston, MA USA
I friggin love that show, and I loved it even more when Kilborn was on it. I was very dissapointed when he left, but I have grown to like Stewart's humor. He does have some great comedic timing.

#147385 - 07/03/2003 00:03 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: ithoughti]
trs24
old hand

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Stuart is hilarious on that show. The Daily Show was a staple for me during my unemployment days. I never saw the Daily Show during its Kilborn days. But if the jokes were anything like they are on the Late Late show with Kilborn, then I'm sure I wouldn't have liked the Daily show as much as I do now. Kilborn IS so full of himself. I mean, how many late show hosts do their own announcer intro's? Plus, ever since seing Kilborn in Old School, I love to hate him.

- trs

#147386 - 07/03/2003 08:05 Re: Fan of the Daily Show [Re: Dignan]
butter
enthusiast

Loc: State side
Steve Correl is great

Of course, my favorite person on the whole show... Steve Colbert

For my money I don't think that it gets much better than when they do the "Even Steven" bit.
[blue]fitter, happier, more productive[/blue]