Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#369064 - 08/08/2017 00:09 Sharing photos with a Mac family
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Any ideas for creating a shared photo library with a family of Mac users? Is this possible using a NAS? I can set up Photo Station on a Synology, but then everything is done only through Photo Station, and I don't know if that's great.

What do you Mac users think? What do you use? For that matter, what do you Windows users do?

In our household, we're two separate photo takers. We both take our photos, which are backed up to Google Photos. Sure, we can both add to albums and that's fine, but we never really do that. I think if it were automated we'd be better about it...

#369091 - 11/08/2017 05:12 Re: Sharing photos with a Mac family [Re: Dignan]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I personally use and have the family on iCloud Photo Library. Especially since most of the family is now on iOS and off macOS.

Everyone has their own personal space, and then there's the shared albums with comments/likes we make use of. If one uses Family Sharing in iCloud, it also automatically creates a shared family album connected to everyone on the account.

It's also possible to share out albums publicly and viewable on a web page, but it's not anything I or the family really makes use of anymore.

#369113 - 15/08/2017 20:42 Re: Sharing photos with a Mac family [Re: Dignan]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Ok that sounds like a good option. I'll have to keep it in mind. Some people don't like cloud storage, but that's changing...