Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#229018 - 30/07/2004 19:53 JReceiver issues
drakino
carpal tunnel

Been trying to get at least some use out of my Rio Receiver with no luck. My goal is to have things running on my Linux server in the basement and not need to worry about it.

Anyhow. JReceiver is running, the web interface works fine, and I can stream stuff to my PC all day long. However, both my Rio Receiver running stock software and the empeg running the receiver edition hang at bootup when looking for music. I've set the "Rio Server Music Host" IP to 192.168.0.1 (internal IP of the server), and still no luck. Anyone have suggestions?

Been trying to get tRio working as well, but it seems it wants X11 resources for Java, something I'm not really happy with. Trying to figure out the minimum stuff to emerge in Gentoo to make it happy without bloating the box too badly. tRio seems to work, though with some issues, on my Windows PC.

#229019 - 01/08/2004 00:09 Re: JReceiver issues [Re: drakino]
FrankyG
stranger

Can you give a little more detail? Is the Rio getting the right IP? Is the rio "finding" the music server? Is the rio connecting to the NFS server? Can you see your music listed on the Rio menu?

For your tRio issue, have you tried the -x11 option "./trio2.sh -x11"

#229020 - 01/08/2004 05:12 Re: JReceiver issues [Re: drakino]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I know I don't need to remind you this, Tom, but have you ruled out the physical/hardware stuff first? Remember how the empeg sometimes doesn't like certain routers or hubs, well the Receiver has the same problem. Rule that out first if you haven't already.

And by the way, the Receiver doesn't "run stock software", it doesn't run any software at all. It's got just enough in its boot prom to get DHCP and connect to the NFS file share to download the software from the server each time it gets electricity applied to it. Perhaps you already knew that, too, and I'm just exercising my fingers...

#229021 - 03/08/2004 16:25 Re: JReceiver issues [Re: FrankyG]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I can see the Rio pulling it's typical DHCP IP then connecting to the NFS server to either download the normal display.arf I unpacked from the Windows installer, or the tRio files depending on what files I had there. So DHCP, and NFS work great. Buth being handled by the Gentoo install.

Without tRio, the Receiver hangs on "Looking for music", as does my empeg running Receiver edition. (The empeg skips the NFS part, but then starts looking for the same thing a Receiver does to find music).

With tRio running on my Windows machine pointed to JReceiver on my Linux server, it works fine. Running tRio on my Linux server with -x11 results in this crash:
Code:
central bin # ./trio2.sh -x11

Start of TRioServer. Version 0.1.4.alpha5
Defaulted http document root to: //opt/trio
Loading TRioPlayerLayout: universal
Loading TRioPlayerLayout: windows
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2_rc1/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1560)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1477)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)
at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Toolkit.loadLibraries(Toolkit.java:1437)
at java.awt.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:1458)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.<clinit>(KeyboardFocusManager.java:71)
at trio.gui.TRioWindowManager.configure(Unknown Source)
at trio.TRioServer.loadUI(Unknown Source)
at trio.TRioServer.loadConfiguration(Unknown Source)
at trio.TRioServer.<init>(Unknown Source)
at trio.TRioServer.main(Unknown Source)

The other script that can accept -x11 gives this:
Code:
central bin # ./trio -x11

head: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1' since this will be removed in the future
Cannot find a JRE or JDK. Please set JAVA_HOME to a >=1.4 JRE

even though JAVA_HOME is set identically to what trio2.sh has.

To rule out the physicially part, both empeg and rio receiver were happy to work off the base Rio software on Windows, as shown in this screenshot:

#229022 - 04/08/2004 22:42 Re: JReceiver issues [Re: drakino]
FrankyG
stranger

Found this with a google search for your tRio problem. Hope it helps.

http://www.eteks.com/pja/en/forum/viewSubject.jsp?subjectId=90

#229023 - 15/09/2004 02:17 Re: JReceiver issues [Re: FrankyG]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Any more ideas on the JReceiver issue? Basicially since the empeg doesn't download software to run, I need JReceiver to work with the base Rio Receiver software.

The TRio issue, is something I'll get around to fixing later, as the software does seem nicer for my Rio Receiver in the front room.