Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#248530 - 04/02/2005 20:14 tRio (or maybe JReceiver) SQL query problem
drule
stranger

Not sure if this one is down to tRio to Jreceiver. The pattern matching used in SQL queries can produce some interesting results. For instance, if on my receiver I select by artist and choose "Pink", I'll get a list of albums/tracks both by "Pink" and by "Pink Floyd". Choosing "Pink Floyd" gives me only Pink Floyd albums and tracks. Similarily selecting "ABBA" will give both "ABBA" and "Black Sabbath". (I know, strange mp3 collection!)

My limited knowledge of SQL makes me suspect that tRio is issuing a query along the lines of 'select * from artist where name like "%pink%"'. Dropping the %% enclosing %pink% would prevent Pink and Pink Floyd from being returned.

I'm guessing it's tRio that's responsible for the query but I can't find anything obvious in trio.xml that could control this.

Is it something that can be fixed easily?

Cheers

David

#248531 - 04/02/2005 20:33 Re: tRio (or maybe JReceiver) SQL query problem [Re: drule]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Similarily selecting "ABBA" will give both "ABBA" and "Black Sabbath". (I know, strange mp3 collection!)

"This is the dawning of the age of Beelzebub, age of Beelzebub..."

#248532 - 05/02/2005 07:31 Re: tRio (or maybe JReceiver) SQL query problem [Re: drule]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
I've had a quick look and I think this is a tRio problem. For some reason I'm specifying the artist name as a regular expression. I can't remember if there was a reason for this, but I'll switch the RE bit off and see what happens.

Unfortunately I'm right in the middle of making major changes for UPnP at the moment, so I won't be able to give you a fix for a few weeks yet.

Cheers
Paul

#248533 - 07/02/2005 11:41 Re: tRio (or maybe JReceiver) SQL query problem [Re: pauln]
drule
stranger

No problem. I'm looking forward to all the other cool stuff you're doing with tRio too.

Cheers

Dave

#248534 - 08/02/2005 08:15 Re: tRio (or maybe JReceiver) SQL query problem [Re: drule]
ChrisL
stranger

Paul - no pressure but if it helps I've noticed this too. It seems to have appeared since I installed (the excellent) 1.6.....