Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#220448 - 01/12/2001 15:48 Maximum number of tracks, file size, etc
BSpect
stranger

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio
I just loaded 1600 tracks and the RR would not handle. How does one determine the maximum number of tracks that can be loaded? In other words, what is the determining factor, file size, number of tracks (titles). Is there anyway to get around this limitation or any tricks to get the RR to handle a large number of titles?
Thanks in advance

#220449 - 01/12/2001 15:55 Re: Maximum number of tracks, file size, etc [Re: BSpect]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This is a known bug in the current version of the server software. It is the number one item on their priority list for the next software release.

I don't know exactly how many tracks the limitation is. It might vary depending on the data contained in the track tags.

There are some third-party pieces of server sofware linked in the FAQ section of this BBS. I do not know if they have already worked around this bug or not, but you might want to give them a try and see if they give you better results.

#220450 - 02/12/2001 08:50 Re: Maximum number of tracks, file size, etc [Re: tfabris]
BSpect
stranger

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio
Tony,
Thanks. I'll try to find the postings.
I tried again building up to my maximum size load (1660 tracks). I tried 3.26G (718 files and 225 folders) first, and that worked fine. So I added another 600 files and 170 folders (I removed all and loaded everything again) and that worked fine. Then I added the remaining tracks doing the same thing although I removed my playlists and that worked fine too. So all the music is loaded (7.23G) and now I'm ready to try some winamp playlists.Don't know why it choked the first time but now it works fine. I let it run all night in random and in the morning it had stopped on a song but I pushed play and off it went. Maybe the RR ran through the genre selection I had specified and recued? I'll learn more in the next week or so.

#220451 - 03/12/2001 05:19 Re: Maximum number of tracks, file size, etc [Re: BSpect]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Depends whether we're talking about the server or the client. The server has a maximum database size of around 10.5K tracks. It might barf given a peculiar combination of tags/playlists, though. This is a global limit.

The client's limit is significantly lower. This is a local limit -- just try not to have too much stuff listed in one go.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg