Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#170218 - 12/07/2003 05:50 End of Playlist On Reboot When Playing ALL
woops
journeyman

Hello,
I have an mk2a using the latest hijack. I also use the latest emplode and jemplode. When playing playlists that were created in emplode or jemplode everything works fine. When I play the "3 down button presses" ALL playlist, on restarting the empeg either at home or in car an "END OF PLAYLIST" comes up. WHY? Also, in the ALL playlist, i have to hit the purge artist button 2 or 3 times before it works (the empeg will go back and play the current song and SAY it has purged the artist, but hasn't actually done it). I have entered all the mp3's as instructed so they correctly play in album order when the list is unsorted. Any Ideas?

#170219 - 12/07/2003 07:48 Re: End of Playlist On Reboot When Playing ALL [Re: woops]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
When I play the "3 down button presses" ALL playlist, on restarting the empeg either at home or in car an "END OF PLAYLIST" comes up. WHY?
Have all of its sub-playlists been marked with the "Ignore As Child" flag? For more information on this flag, click here.

Also, in the ALL playlist, i have to hit the purge artist button 2 or 3 times before it works (the empeg will go back and play the current song and SAY it has purged the artist, but hasn't actually done it).
This is very unusual. Are you sure you're purging and not matching? Click here for the difference.

I have an mk2a using the latest hijack. I also use the latest emplode and jemplode.
What about the player software itself? What version of that are you running?

#170220 - 12/07/2003 07:56 Re: End of Playlist On Reboot When Playing ALL [Re: tfabris]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

This may be a bug. Brad B. reported something very similar a while back. (See "bug 2".) I thought that it was just that he was getting very close to the maximum number of FIDs that could be stored in the scratch partition. It might be something more... How large is your root playlist???

#170221 - 12/07/2003 08:18 Re: End of Playlist On Reboot When Playing ALL [Re: pgrzelak]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Oh! I mis-read what he said. He said on restarting. Ah, yes, I would agree, then. It's probably the database size limit. That would also explain the problems with the tweak feature. Nice catch, Paul.

#170222 - 12/07/2003 08:38 Re: End of Playlist On Reboot When Playing ALL [Re: tfabris]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Thanks!

I am still curious to see how large that playlist is. Even Brad, who has the most FID files of anyone on the board, is still less than the limit that Peter posted a while back. This may be a good way to see if it is because of a large number of FIDs / files, or if there is another problem / bug.

#170223 - 12/07/2003 10:33 Re: End of Playlist On Reboot When Playing ALL [Re: tfabris]
woops
journeyman

Hello,

Thank you for the help! Currently using 2.0 player software and i have about 8330 songs on the empeg.

woops

#170224 - 12/07/2003 11:54 Re: End of Playlist On Reboot When Playing ALL [Re: woops]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Greetings!

Not a problem.

Hm... 8330 songs. That should in no way be close to the limits of the database size, unless the root playlist has lots of smaller playlists in it.

Could this be a bug?

#170225 - 12/07/2003 19:35 Re: End of Playlist On Reboot When Playing ALL [Re: pgrzelak]
woops
journeyman

Hello,

Okay, so i had 13 main playlists(no subordinate and no ignore as child) in jemplode all under "All Music". One of the playlists was named ALL and that was where i always dragged files into to load new music. I deleted this playlist and played three button down ALL, rebooted and there was no problem at all. So, do i have to start using Emplode now to enter music in the soup ALL? where would i enter music in jemplode without an ALL playlist? Thanks.

#170226 - 13/07/2003 04:46 Re: End of Playlist On Reboot When Playing ALL [Re: woops]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Greetings!

Well, this does clear up the mystery. It was the database size, because when you did the "triple down", you played everything, including your ALL soup list. This would effectively double the number of entries in the length of the list. Plus, with the other lists...

The best thing would probably to play the ALL list that you generated instead of the "triple down". That "list" is not really a list, but a command to play everything. It is just overwealming the playlist save space.

I would still generate that ALL list, but use it for playing instead of "triple down".

#170227 - 13/07/2003 06:40 Re: End of Playlist On Reboot When Playing ALL [Re: pgrzelak]
woops
journeyman

Paul,

Great explanation. Cool signature too....

Thanks,
woops