Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#360170 - 05/11/2013 21:57 Lost Button and Knob Control on the front end? what are my options?
JeepBastard
enthusiast

Loc: Brooklyn
I've pretty much lost button and knob control. Luckily it powers up still and will play music. If I open it up and hold the ribbon cable tightly it will respond - so I am assuming the connections are bad. I dont have a remote and havent had a working one in like 8 years.

I am traveling, i do happen to have an extra display cable on me - is my only option to try to take the display off and re-solder the new cable in?

Is eutronix still fixing riocars?

Edited by JeepBastard (05/11/2013 22:02)

#360177 - 06/11/2013 12:26 Re: Lost Button and Knob Control on the front end? what are my options? [Re: JeepBastard]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
The display ribbon cable is normally soldered to the display board at one end, and uses a crimp-on plug connector at the other end.

If the end at the display board is bad, then the cable needs to be desoldered and replaced. If the other end is bad, then sometimes the connector can be removed and recrimped a few millimetres further up the ribbon than before. Otherwise, replaced.

#360361 - 22/11/2013 19:53 Re: Lost Button and Knob Control on the front end? what are my options? [Re: mlord]
JeepBastard
enthusiast

Loc: Brooklyn
Cool thanks, i think my Empeg is just about toast - button control degraded and power problem galore from damage on the board. Cant really get it going and way far from my spare part in NY.

The sound of wind and crickets - which isnt terrible.

Edited by JeepBastard (22/11/2013 19:54)

#360400 - 26/11/2013 23:17 Re: Lost Button and Knob Control on the front end? what are my options? [Re: JeepBastard]
maczrool
pooh-bah

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Is eutronix still fixing riocars?

Still doing repairs. Done a few display cable swaps. They aren't to hard so long as you are decent at soldering/desoldering. If you need help send us a note.

Stu