Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#78128 - 06/03/2002 13:20 Anyone thought about adding this?
flash2000
new poster

Since HiJack and other various "mods" allow you to ftp into the unit, has anyone thought about adding a Lyric feature?

A few times folks have wanted to know the words to songs (which are pretty easily attainable on the net, in the cd cover or various other places).

How about the ability to have files uploaded to match?

ie: If a song is file 21ba You could have the lyrics file be 21ba.lyrics or 21ba.lyrics.txt or something like that, and then through hijack you could view them, and scroll through the standard ascii text file using the volume knob.

Just a thought... should be a fairly easy addition.

-Flash

#78129 - 06/03/2002 14:27 Re: Anyone thought about adding this? [Re: flash2000]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
has anyone thought about adding a Lyric feature?

A lyric scroller app is already being worked on. If I recall correctly, it was _ynot who was doing it.

If a song is file 21ba You could have the lyrics file be 21ba.lyrics or 21ba.lyrics.txt

May I remind everyone that there is a specification for a lyric tag in the ID3v2 tag already.

A few times folks have wanted to know the words to songs (which are pretty easily attainable on the net, in the cd cover or various other places).

But what you find on the net is frequently incorrect because it's typed in by people listening to the album. e.g., "scuse me while I kiss this guy".

And you would still have to enter them into your song files yourself as they are not automatically downloaded by any software. And you'd have to time-index the lyric tags yourself.

Still, as I've stated before, if one could overcome these obstacles and make it work, it would be so cool my head would explode just to see it working.

#78130 - 06/03/2002 14:38 Re: Anyone thought about adding this? [Re: tfabris]
flash2000
new poster

I wasn't really looking for the lyrics to be synced to the song, moreso than just having them available to view.

-Flash

#78131 - 06/03/2002 17:29 Re: Anyone thought about adding this? [Re: flash2000]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I love to have this feature as well.... LIke a lyrics menu item that would allow you to scroll through the lyrics... much easier to implement than a synced lyrics to song feature, and seems much more useful to me.