Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74601 - 24/02/2002 20:46 Latest hosting attempt - test stylesheets here
crocklobster

Okay, didn't get much response with the first attempt at this. Maybe no one cares to show off their stylesheets or quickly test others work.

Anyway, this is another go at it. It's even easier than the last one. No downloading at all. If you just go to this link and enter the ip address or host name of your empeg and hit submit. It will then format the links for you to use the hosted stylesheets and your empeg data.

Let me know if there are any problems with it.

Chris

#74602 - 24/02/2002 20:55 Re: Latest hosting attempt - test stylesheets here [Re: crocklobster]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I'm getting the following error:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access is denied. Error processing resource 'http://65.96.252.64/empegxsl/theory/default.xsl'.

... or is that something on my end...

N/M... works now, but only when i use the host name. IP isn't working. SWEET!

#74603 - 24/02/2002 21:03 Re: Latest hosting attempt - test stylesheets here [Re: crocklobster]
charcoalgray99
enthusiast

Okay, didn't get much response with the first attempt at this.

Sorry, this is definitely very cool. If riocar.org starts hosting xsl style sheets, this should be included.

BTW, my ip address didn’t work either, had to use the hostname.

Tom

#74604 - 24/02/2002 21:04 Re: Latest hosting attempt - test stylesheets here [Re: loren]
crocklobster

Yeah, I forgot to mention that again, if you get an error like that, it can be fixed by changing a security setting. In IE 5 it's Tools -> Internet Options -> Security Tab -> Custom Level. Find the subgroup "Miscellaneous" and there's an option for "Access data sources across domains". Set that to enable. Prompt works okay, too, but it will prompt you each time you click on the next .xml link.

The cause is that you're getting the xml from one machine and the xsl from another, so it complains a little.

Chris

#74605 - 24/02/2002 21:09 Re: Latest hosting attempt - test stylesheets here [Re: charcoalgray99]
crocklobster

I see that now. It's interesting that it works with the higher security if you use hostnames (even though they're different), but using a hostname (mine) and an ip address (your empeg) combination, it doesn't work.

At any rate, if you can only use the ip address to your empeg for some reason, there is a workaround that I just mentioned.

Chris