Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#179264 - 15/09/2003 11:15 PCA's tuner in action
rowitech
enthusiast

Loc: Germany, Cologne
Just tested my new tuner. It took about 10 Months (or more?) to hear radio again in my car. So it was a great idea to create a tunerkit. Thank you PCA.

Once received (I was very patient, I think. It took 10 months or more) ;-) the tuner, it took 2 or 4 hours and it was in my car and... functional! Wow, my soldering knowledge is a few days ago but the plan to build it was very good to understand.

In my car I had only little problems to push the box behind my glovebox. Hmm, one part is missing, most of the time is it the last part you need. In my case I needed an antenna-adaptor. But today I bought one and was excited about the receive strength of the signals. Very good! You hear the grass growing with this tuner.

Dear people in America, you not only miss our roads with no speed limit, no, you even miss RDS! With this tuner it's so nice to see the station names and the title of the current playing song! Incredible, it's like watching an MP3-Song with all it's ID tags :-). And hopefully we get this TMC-thing working and we are then able to watch the traffic-jam-messages. RDS is cool :-). Most consumer radios don't show all these neat things, except of the station name.

All things put together I tell you: This Tuner is very good!

For the people who are sad about no-spped-limit and RDS: Come to the next Amersfoort-meeting and we will find a street to drive and watch RDS :-))...

Rolf

#179265 - 15/09/2003 11:32 Re: PCA's tuner in action [Re: rowitech]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
In reply to:

For the people who are sad about no-spped-limit and RDS: Come to the next Amersfoort-meeting and we will find a street to drive and watch RDS

Hopefully one without speed cameras

#179266 - 17/09/2003 13:56 Re: PCA's tuner in action [Re: julf]
rowitech
enthusiast

Indeed, Amersfoort is not Germany...

Rolf

#179267 - 18/09/2003 02:42 Re: PCA's tuner in action [Re: rowitech]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
But as always in Holland, Germany is never far away

(well, at least not far away in distance - it might be far away in terms of travel time during the holiday rush traffic, when the roads are blocked by Dutch caravans going one way and Germans going the other)

#179268 - 09/11/2003 01:03 Re: PCA's tuner in action [Re: rowitech]
Narkotic

FYI, just about every station down here in southern california utilizes RDS now...(well the more popular ones I listen to)

#179269 - 09/11/2003 02:56 Re: PCA's tuner in action [Re: rowitech]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
What you put it behind the glovebox

Your standards are slipping i thought it would crammed in the glovebox or taped to the dash or something.

Some one might get your prize next year.

#179270 - 10/11/2003 00:59 Re: PCA's tuner in action [Re: thinfourth2]
rowitech
enthusiast

:-) I never used tape. Why should I fix it to a selected point? Like my Power Amplifier is walking around my roff when I drive, even the tuner hangs around _behind_ the glove box. Well, the glove box is already full.
But I promise, I will not prepare for the next worst install, everything I do is real!

Rolf :-)

#179271 - 25/11/2003 07:28 Re: PCA's tuner in action [Re: rowitech]
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

I never saw any photos of the worst install. Have you posted them anywhere?