Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#107877 - 28/07/2002 12:22 Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone?
Caps
stranger

Loc: Arizona, USA
I have been looking at the electronics in my car all morning, and I think that I have come up with a plan that will connect it. I am attempting to connect my existing radio/tape player that is in the car now as a slave to the empeg.

The issues I had are that there are 8 wires going out to the speakers now, but the empeg only can handle 2 wires in. Plus I am not sure about the AUX input ground(22), I will have to look through the FAQ to see if it goes to the normal ground on the radio or what.

And do I need to use the Telephone mute wire? I don't even have a cell phone, and my car doesn't have a place for it.

Another question is whether there will be enough power on the headlight sense and ignition sense lines if it is split. I am pretty sure there should be, but I just want to be sure.

You can find the image here:
http://www.public.asu.edu/~rcappo/Wiring_Diagram.jpg

Thanks for all your help.

#107878 - 28/07/2002 12:26 Re: Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone? [Re: Caps]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
According to your wiring diagram, your head unit has speaker outputs rather than RCA line-level outputs.

Do not connect speaker outputs to line-level inputs. The empeg does not have speaker-level inputs.

You can purchase a speaker-level-to-line-level converter box and then this would work. Note that you only need one of the ouput pairs from the head unit (either the front pair or the rear pair).

#107879 - 28/07/2002 12:29 Re: Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone? [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Other than that, the diagram looks correct.

Well, except for the fact that you show six speakers coming off of a four-channel amplifier, but I won't get into that.

#107880 - 28/07/2002 13:11 Re: Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone? [Re: tfabris]
Caps
stranger

Loc: Arizona, USA
Thanks!

It's the little stuff like that that I'm worried about.

I know about the 6 speakers, I will figure a way to hook them up to the amp when I get to that part.

I think you saved me a lot of time and headaches attempting how to fix that problem.

#107881 - 30/07/2002 02:01 Re: Two Head Units Install Diagram - Comments Anyone? [Re: Caps]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
Okay six speakers four channels will go providing you have one set of full range speakers (e,g decent pair of 6 by 9s with built in tweeter) and a set of woofers or mids Not sub woofers and a set of crossovers and a set of tweeters.

The full range speakers would go to the rear of the car and then the tweeters and mids/woofers would go to the front of the car.

Just to repeat what tony said don't put speaker outputs into empeg you may toast it