I had my unit installed alongside new speakers, a 4 channel amp, and a subwoolfer. I decided to have a local shop do the install that I feel has done a good job in the past for some friends. The store is Sunshine Audio, located on Circle in Colorado Springs. I took the car in at 9am, and showed them the equipment. The guy filling out the paperwork showed the unit to a few people who looked mildly interested in it, and asked me a few generic questions. Definitly at this time, they did not know the power of the unit. One of the installers was browsing through some magazine about car computer installs some people have done, and most of the people seemed interested in the features of those like LCD screens for DVD and such. I picked up on that to explain how the empeg was a computer, and how down the road I plan to add GPS. A few seemed to look at the unit again, and wonder what the possibilities of it were. I finished the paperwork, and was told to expect a call around 6pm to come and pick up the car.

I ended up recieving a call from them about 3:30pm and was informed it was finished. I went on a lunch break to go pick it up, and the installers around were definitly impressed. They loved the quality, and the varity of EQ settings. ( I found out later one installer figured out the EQ section and had some fun). The installer who did most of the work came out to see how I liked it, and he knew how to navigate the unit via the buttons on the front. He picked a song, and we listened to it in all it's quality. I listened carefully for engine noise, and couldn't hear a thing. I thanked the installer, and went inside to pay my bill. Once done, I had to promise them I would bring in my Mark 2 so they could see it.

Overall I think they did a great install of all the equipment. It was well worth the price, and it's covered by a lifetime install warranty. They took special care to make the serial port and AUX in audio ports accessable under the dash as I requested. If anyone in the Colorado Springs area needs their new empeg installed, I highly recommend Sunshine Audio. They will take the time to do it right, and make sure you approve of the install.

My empeg site is:http://24.236.3.131/empeg/