Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6759 - 16/02/2000 16:27 Portable MP3 link???
FlibblE
journeyman

Loc: UK - NE Wales
Dunno if this is possible, but i was just thinking if it would be possible to transfer MP3s from the empeg to a portable (small storage ;() player;

For some reason it just struck me as a decent idea for proper music junkies ;)

#6760 - 16/02/2000 17:33 Re: Portable MP3 link??? [Re: FlibblE]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

Dunno if this is possible, but i was just thinking if it would be possible to transfer MP3s from the empeg to a portable (small storage ;() player

Currently, the Empeg doesn't directly support the transfer of files off of the Empeg, whether to the PC or to any other device. If you are a Linux guru, I'm sure you could log into the thing in developer mode and figure out how to make it happen, but it's not something that the Empeg folks will support or provide a user-friendly interface for. They want to avoid making the Empeg an easy tool for music piracy.

-- Tony Fabris -- Empeg #144 --
Caution: Do not look into laser with remaining good eye.

#6761 - 16/02/2000 18:06 Re: Portable MP3 link??? [Re: FlibblE]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I've thought about this too - the only problem is that most devices on the market or parallel or usb - neither of which can hook up with an empeg. Is there currently a portable serial player on the market?
-mark

...proud to have one of the first Mark I units

#6762 - 17/02/2000 13:42 Re: Portable MP3 link??? [Re: dionysus]
FlibblE
journeyman

Loc: UK - NE Wales
I know of one portable player with serial IO (albeit it looks a bit dodgy!) it's at http://www.pontis.de/.