Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob

Posted by: tonyc

Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 11:11

Just read Rob Voisey's announcement about the changes to car support and wanted to echo his sentiments regarding the great service David provided us during his time at "Empeg Towers." I always received great service, and David was always consistent and speedy with his responses. I'm also glad to hear that Empeg has "promoted from within" so to speak by bringing Rob Schofield on board. Makes me feel confident that if I ever need to draw on support in the future.

But gosh darnit, I was really hoping it was going to be a 2.0 Final release notice.. grrr.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 11:24

I can't think of a better person for the job. Cool solution all around. Thanks, Rob and Rob! And best of luck to David in his endeavors.

My question...

What's the details of the arrangement? I assume this is a part-time thing, Rob's still doing what he was doing before, and offering to take in players at his current residence in the Netherlands. But is this something for which he gets a salary, or per-incident, or what?

Perhaps it's none of my business, I'm just curious.

And of course, now there will be further confusion about our two Robs among the uninitiated...
Posted by: robricc

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 11:35

David, it's been great dealing with you the (luckily) few times I've had to.

Rob S., Congrats on the new title, and hopefully we will meet this year at the european meet.
Posted by: drakino

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 11:43

Rob S., Congrats on the new title

Guess this means I need to dig out the blue empeg color for another user .
Posted by: 303

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 11:45

thanx and good luck David. and a big hello to Mr. Schofiel. :)
Posted by: rob

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 11:56

Rob will be working for us under contract. The terms are between him and us

Rob
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 11:57

The terms are between him and us

Translation: "He gets paid in Empeg fleece."
Posted by: rob

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 11:59

The arrangement is rather more substantial than that. Ski jackets at least!

Rob
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 12:09

ROFL

Posted by: genixia

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 12:10

Ski jackets at least!

Wow! Didn't know you had those....where can I get one?

Posted by: BartDG

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 12:28

I second this. In the 15 months that I've been an Empeg user I've only needed David's help once, but it's been by far the most painless support call that I've ever dealt with.

So : thanks a lot David, you've really contributed a lot to this community and I hope we'll still be seeing you around on the board.

To Rob S I'd like to say : congrats on your new job !!!
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 12:34

Agreed, congrats to both!

Would it be possible to get a link to David's design firm's page?
Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 12:42

Great move will Rob S being doing just support or has bigger things be planned out for him

Best of luck to David just a pity you couldn't send him off to the states with a big bat to improve the us end of things ( i know he does the us players now but you know what i mean)
Posted by: andym

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 12:53

Good luck to David on his new venture, let's hope you're the next .com millionaire, with customer skills like that I wouldn't be too surprised .

...and here's to Rob, hope you enjoy your new position and I hope I never have to deal with you (you know what I mean )
Posted by: Laura

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 14:46

David, you were great to work with and very helpful answering the questions I had. Much luck to you in the future.

Rob, be very gentle with my empeg when you get it soon. Congrats on the position.
Posted by: David

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 14:49

Hmm, have you got some work for me?

http://www.illansis.com/
Posted by: papinist

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 15:15

David,
Thank you for your work and 'support' at the Empeg community, you surely are a big contributor to the success of the empeg!

Rob, you're welcome

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 15:25

Nice site read it over and rest assured read the jobs section and if you ever need some one to hit things with really big hammers i'm your man
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 16:19

But gosh darnit, I was really hoping it was going to be a 2.0 Final release notice.. grrr.

2.0 Final release? Who cares about that when there's a tuner kit ordering website announcement on the horizon?

Oh, well. Congrats and good lucks all around.

(Now when's that tuner kit order form announcement gonna be?)
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 18:40

2.0 Final release? Who cares about that when there's a tuner kit ordering website announcement on the horizon?

All the people that have tuners already
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 20:12

Rob S. -- I am extremely happy for you in this endeavor. I hope it works out well for you both in terms of remuneration and job satisfaction.

As I'm sure you are aware, you have some ENORMOUS shoes to fill. David's work was so exemplary that there simply are not words to describe it. If other companies' customer service could be even half as good, the world would be a far better place.

But, if anybody I know can fill those shoes -- it is you, Rob. Of course, this means you'll have even less time now to answer my emails than in the past... maybe I should tell Hugo about that embezzling thing when you were arrested for the the "indiscretions" at the daycare center.

tanstaafl.
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 21:05

All the people that have tuners already.

What with the length of those tuner threads, you'd think there *weren't* any.

Posted by: BleachLPB

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 02/01/2003 21:15

Congrats on the new venture David, the best of luck to you!

In a bit of irony - about a week ago, about the day after support closed for the holidays, I plugged in my spare empeg because I was too lazy to walk outside in the snow to get my primary empeg from the car. I got the "no hd found contact support" error.

So, remembering all the awesome comments that have gone your way, I looked forward to the positive customer support experience I would have early January to have the issue resolved. I sort of lurched for a moment when I saw today's announcement from Rob, but was relieved by the time I finished reading it - that Rob S. would be taking up the position.

Then, just now, I plugged in my spare empeg, and all is well! Good luck David, and good luck Rob!
Posted by: speedy67

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 03/01/2003 04:35

So here's my congratulation to Rob S.
Next European Meet Barbecue at the empeg Support-Center, cool...

And to David: Thanx for your time and effort, and simply the best wishes for future...

regards, Thomas
Posted by: lopan

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 03/01/2003 07:19

Congrats Rob! And good luck to you David... you helped me out on a few occasions and really always blew me away with the quality of your customer service and speed in which you provided it....
Posted by: muzza

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 03/01/2003 15:02

Best of luck to you, David. Your service has always been exceptional.

Best of luck to Rob Too. Mighty large shoes to fill there! I'm quite sure, however, that you will do the job most admirably!
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 03/01/2003 21:22

A quick note from a fairly new user:

David: Thanks for being the Guardian Father of all Empegs (as I internally refer to you). Thanks for keeping the community healthy.

Rob: Congratulations on the position. I look forward to working with you on a support issue that arose at the end of December. Best of luck.
Posted by: jloew

Re: I still brag about the service David provided! - 05/01/2003 11:40

I've been in customer service for over 12 years and have run worldwide customer support organizations for two different enterprise software companies. I can say, without equivocation, that David's support is the best I've experienced.

Although I'm sure it was childsplay for him, I still tell the story of how my new empeg display didn't work and this little company (ok, one support guy) in England turned it around in a WEEK - including shipping time both ways.

We'll miss you David. Good luck in your endeavors.

Between Rob and the board, you leave us in good hands.

-Joe
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 06/01/2003 11:52

A brief note to say thanks for all the kind words here, and to echo the same sentiments made elsewhere: good luck David, and well done.

It's going to be a hard act to follow, but I'll try my best

Could I ask for a little patience over the next few days as I get things set up and working properly? I'll try and keep an eye on things and get things rolling as quickly as possible, so don't worry if you get limited reaction from support in the short period as things change hands. Thanks!

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 06/01/2003 13:09

I know what the real motive behind this you want to learn the answers to the next empeg user meet quiz

Posted by: Laura

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 06/01/2003 17:21

Alright, I will be patient. I loaded my backup empeg this weekend to use and set the malfunctioning empeg off in a corner, he's been bad, so I'm in no big hurry At least I have a working one.
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Thanks to David, Congrats to Rob - 07/01/2003 11:46

I'm really looking forward to the continued great service. I love telling people about the overnight-early-morning shipping to england and back that was covered under waranty.

I recently had my ReplayTV stolen, and got to deal with that division's tech support. It's recently changed hands and is handled compleetly in india, if you can even get them to pick up the phone. Though, it is interesting that while searching for my replay, they came accross my RioCar purchases in their database. Last I heard even the empeg guys couldn't look that up...

Matthew