Musical recommendation

Posted by: genixia

Musical recommendation - 26/06/2003 13:59

A little fairly unknown gem from 1994;

Senser - Stacked Up

One of those albums that just came together really well. I'm crap at writing review type things, so I won't. But it's a fusion of hard-edged rock, rap, hip hop and electronica. Lyrics are fairly political, and question a lot of the bad attitudes that are apparant in todays society, without being either overbearing or 'preachy'.

9 years later and it still sounds fresh.

"Fashion is something so ugly it has to be changed every fifteen minutes..."
"...and it becomes evident that they're willing to vote for a president or a Prime-Time Minister..."

Posted by: tonyc

Re: Musical recommendation - 26/06/2003 14:05

Holy coinkydinks, Batman! Like 3 days ago, I had a Senser song, "Age of Panic," come up on one of my favorite WinAMP Shoutcast streams, and I immediately said to myself "I am buying this album." I haven't been this blown away by a "not new, but new to me" song in quite a long time. Haven't had a chance to listen to other songs from the album yet, but I'll probably be buying it very soon.

The same Shoutcast stream has me itching to buy some Placebo albums as well.
Posted by: adavidw

Re: Musical recommendation - 27/06/2003 00:27

And that chick from Placebo is hot!
Posted by: frog51

Re: Musical recommendation - 27/06/2003 04:39

Isn't the lead singer a guy??

Posted by: Shonky

Re: Musical recommendation - 27/06/2003 08:48

I'm willing to listen to your recommendation genixia.

Before I go and try to order this through the local record store (I very much doubt it's gonna be off the shelf) I went looking for some "samples". Not the easiest band to find though
Posted by: adavidw

Re: Musical recommendation - 28/06/2003 00:49

Isn't the lead singer a guy??

Actually, yes. But, the first time I ever heard Placebo was when I saw about thirty seconds of a video for "36 Degrees". For a few days, until I started looking up information about the band, I did actually think he was a she. And pretty good looking, too. I've been questioning my sexuality ever since.

At least I still have those chicks from Hanson to make me feel like a man.
Posted by: frog51

Re: Musical recommendation - 30/06/2003 02:50

Scary thing - I have a friend who is pretty cute. And she looks disturbingly like Brian Molko. Hmmm....