Drive Tray

Posted by: skyjk

Drive Tray - 16/07/2003 01:26

I seem to have lost a couple of screws that hold the hard drive tray. I still have two left that hold it up. Does anyone have any idea as to what size that screw may be?

I doubt I would be able to find it at a hardware store but maybe a place like Parts express? Or would I be able to somehow measure the screw I have and go from there.
Posted by: pca

Re: Drive Tray - 16/07/2003 02:16

They are M2.5 x 6 stainless steel pan head pozidrive screws.

pca
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Drive Tray - 16/07/2003 09:34

I doubt I would be able to find it at a hardware store
They had them at my hardware store.
Posted by: ashmoore

Re: Drive Tray - 16/07/2003 09:44

in my local Lowes they are in the drawer marker "M2.5 x 6 pan head screws", just like the commercial says!
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Drive Tray - 16/07/2003 19:58

I seem to have lost a couple of screws that hold the hard drive tray. I still have two left that hold it up. Does anyone have any idea as to what size that screw may be?

I'd be far more concerned about finding out where those screws have gotten off to.

Make absolutely certain that they are not rattling around inside your player, getting ready to short circuit something and let all the smoke out.

tanstaafl.
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Drive Tray - 17/07/2003 10:11

This is a detail that needs to go into the FAQ, IMHO. It costs me more to post these out in postage and packing than the screws actually cost.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Drive Tray - 17/07/2003 12:13

I keep meaning to get up to date information into Lopan's parts list and include it in the FAQ, I've just not had the time yet.