stop synchronizing?

Posted by: bjoern

stop synchronizing? - 31/07/2003 14:13

OK, I checked the FAQs, but didn't find it. For the umptieth time I forgot to chose USB after I first connected via serial in emplode. Now I have 500MB of tunes being uploaded at a snails pace via serial. How do I stop it and re-start it in USB mode?
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: stop synchronizing? - 31/07/2003 14:25

There isn't an approved way to cancel a sync, so either way you're going to loose whatever you've done. To go ahead and kill the sync, unplug the serial cable, and wait for your empeg to realize that the sync has died before restarting it. Then you should be set to go. I'm not sure what the timeout on waiting for the sync to finish is.

Matthew

Re: stop synchronizing? - 31/07/2003 14:33

I had tried that, but nothing happened. Even the "synchronizing" on the empeg was still there. I'll try it a little longer...
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: stop synchronizing? - 31/07/2003 15:44

Hmmm. Well, once you feel you've waited Long Enough, go ahead and unplug it, and then do an empty sync or two before trying to upload your music again. It shoudln't do any serious harm.

Matthew
Posted by: tfabris

Re: stop synchronizing? - 31/07/2003 16:04

If you do cancel a synch, stop the emplode side first. Then wait until the word "synchronizing" disappears from the player screen before pulling the power. That will make sure the drives get remounted read-only.

If you can't do that, then you'll end up having to do this.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: stop synchronizing? - 31/07/2003 16:16

Okay, new FAQ entry created.

Re: stop synchronizing? - 01/08/2003 10:47

Cool! New FAQ entry because of my little question! Thanks! I ended up just disconnecting the cable and it really had some problems rebuilding the databes it seems. Makes much more sense to do it like the FAQ entry suggests.
Thanks again!