Power supply in Australia

Posted by: MattV

Power supply in Australia - 21/08/2003 16:45

Does anybody know where to get a power supply compatible with the Mark 2 player in Australia? 12 V / 1 Amp is not sufficient for a player with two HDDs...
Posted by: pedrohoon

Re: Power supply in Australia - 22/08/2003 05:36

Matt,
This one from Dick Smith may work although I have had no experience with it. Otherwise you will have to go for a regulated bench-top power supply such as This one.

Re: Power supply in Australia - 22/08/2003 17:54

Thanks Peter.

I can't find one that has the right specs, either. I will post a message in the technical section, asking if anyone has succesfully used a power supply with the same spec as the one you linked.

Re: Power supply in Australia - 22/08/2003 20:55

I have acquired the linked DSE M9544 supply. It initially seems to work without issue, I'll update this entry if I have any problem with it.
Posted by: Blipman

Hey Matt - 23/08/2003 05:22

I took the original power supply to Jaycar and said "gimme one of these thanks" and they read all the info off the side of the converter and found an equivalent that will work in Australia. You shouldn't have too many problems. I might have also brought in the manual which has all the power specs, can't remember.

Ben (Melbourne )
Posted by: Shonky

Re: Power supply in Australia - 27/08/2003 00:28

What a monster!

A Jaycar MP3130 (mentioned here) is much better. It's a switchmode so much much smaller and cheaper ($32.95). I have 3 of these and a 2 drive (30+40GB) machine and they have worked faultlessly.

If you can, I'd take the DSE one back and get the MP3130. As long as you have the box and receipt, they should take it back (I worked at DSE for 4 years during uni)