Empeg repair in days gone by

Posted by: thenominous

Empeg repair in days gone by - 22/08/2003 02:07

Hi,

I was wondering if the guys in the USA that had to send their empegs back to the UK incurred import duties on the empegs when they arrived in the UK.
I would imagine that if this was the case, that empeg support would have paid for this, or was there a cunning way to get around the import duty completely ?
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Empeg repair in days gone by - 22/08/2003 02:20

I think so long as you can prove it left the country, its allowed back in without duty.. Not sure how you go about this though!
Posted by: rob

Re: Empeg repair in days gone by - 22/08/2003 05:56

We put in a lot of effort to prevent duty getting charged - we faxed through the paperwork to give to FedEx, which included the appropriate harmonized code (8471 5030 00 which may or may not be zero rated still).

You can also set up temporary imports, which involves lots of paperwork. FedEx may be able to advise on that (and you'll get charged for the service I believe).

Rob
Posted by: rob

Re: Empeg repair in days gone by - 22/08/2003 05:56

We put in a lot of effort to prevent duty getting charged - we faxed through the paperwork to give to FedEx, which included the appropriate harmonized code (8471 5030 00 which may or may not be zero rated still).

You can also set up temporary imports, which involves lots of paperwork. FedEx may be able to advise on that (and you'll get charged for the service I believe).

Rob
Posted by: thenominous

Re: Empeg repair in days gone by - 24/08/2003 06:46

Thanks Rob, Seems that that code does not exist any more, however it has given me other ideas which Im looking into.