NEW - Competition for Amersfoort!!!

Posted by: schofiel

NEW - Competition for Amersfoort!!! - 19/05/2004 17:51

OK, to get you all in the mood, here's the rules for a new competition for this year's meet:

It's called the SMART Watch.

The what?

SMART Watch.

Basically, you all have to get your digital cameras stoked up, and bring them with you - because I want you to take pictures of EVERY Smart car you see on the way to the meet. The guy (or gal, of course ) with the greatest number of Smart cars photographed on the way to the meet wins a Smart (hur hur) prize!

Some rules;

- one point per Smart car, with two points awarded for cars carrying adverts.

- only cars with Dutch registration plates are valid points. I know of one individual who will drive straight to a Smart tower and photograph every car in sight - well, sorry! If it's not got a reg plate, it ain't a valid point!

- only photo images date stamped with the dates from the 8th July to the 10th July (inclusive) will be considered valid points

- only the first image registered of a specific vehicle will be considered a valid point, so if you are the third to photograph the same vehicle - sorry, tough!!!

- all images have to be shown to the judges while they are still sober on Saturday the 10th July to be considered valid points. If submitted when the judge(s) and their girlfriends/mates are pissed, tough!!!

- the judges' decision(s) is/are final, even if you try bribery.

SO get ready to get snapping, people! May the best empeg owner win!!!
Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: NEW - Competition for Amersfoort!!! - 19/05/2004 17:54

extra points for american registeration plates?

Posted by: FireFox31

Re: NEW - Competition for Amersfoort!!! - 19/05/2004 20:14

Hm, nice! But I wonder, if each individual car can only be photographed once between ALL the participants, then won't the guy who submits the photos first have a "lock" on all the cars in the area? The (sober) judges see the first guy's photos and he gets a point for each, but while others may have taken more total photos, most will be invalid because they were already submitted.

So, camp out by the Judge's hang out (beer keg?).
Posted by: peter

Re: NEW - Competition for Amersfoort!!! - 20/05/2004 02:17

won't the guy who submits the photos first have a "lock" on all the cars in the area?
First by timestamp, I'd assume, not first by submission.

Peter
Posted by: Roger

Re: NEW - Competition for Amersfoort!!! - 20/05/2004 02:36

Easy: just set the timestamp in the camera back a couple of hours, and then reset it before presenting your photos.
Posted by: juenk

Re: NEW - Competition for Amersfoort!!! - 20/05/2004 07:40

Not relevant for the competition, however a nice series of pictures from someone with his smart:

http://www.schlijper.nl/portfolio/25max/smart/01.html

Jelle
Posted by: schofiel

Re: NEW - Competition for Amersfoort!!! - 07/06/2004 15:06

OK - the prize for this competition has been sorted. If I say so myself, it's a rilly, rilly coo-el prize.

What is it? Well, you'll have to come along to the meet and see, won't you?

Wanna win it?See the above
Posted by: speedy67

Re: NEW - Competition for Amersfoort!!! - 07/06/2004 16:27

It's OK to allow only Smarts with reg-plates, but why only Dutch???
Give Christian and me the chance to start from the first row...
Posted by: Cris

Re: NEW - Competition for Amersfoort!!! - 08/06/2004 00:41

Here Here
Posted by: mlord

Another competition - 08/06/2004 07:33

Here's another competition that I feel is long overdue:

A timed Breakout tourney, BYOP (Bring Your Own Player). No limit on games played, but shortest time-to-win from the starter's whistle takes the grand prize.

One entry per Empeg/RioCar player (no player, no playee). Of course the prize should be something appropriate, like on-the-spot rotary-encoder replacement surgery for the winning unit! But I'll try and think of something more cool than that.

Cheers
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Another competition - 08/06/2004 07:59

Perhaps this would be an appropriate prize.

Re: Another competition - 08/06/2004 08:10

Cool!

Or perhaps I'll donate one of Paul's 1000 balls, since I just happen to have a few on hand here.

Mmmm

Re: Another competition - 08/06/2004 08:33

I know! I have an extra original Tempest Spinner in my box of spare parts! Mounting it would be someone else's problem... (spinner reviews)

Re: Another competition - 08/06/2004 09:03

Mmm.. ideally that thing could be wired up as part of an Empeg remote control (a REALLY BIG remote control), and would provide the rotary encoder (knob) functions.

Re: Another competition - 08/06/2004 09:05

There are even spinner models (think "Disks of Tron") that support button pressing...
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Another competition - 08/06/2004 12:00

Of course the prize should be something appropriate, like on-the-spot rotary-encoder replacement surgery for the winning unit!
Seems like the loser would need that more than the winner.