jemplode question

Posted by: Allistah

jemplode question - 21/05/2004 19:08

When I download all the songs from my RioCar to my PC with jemplode, it doesn't format the tracknr so whats happening is WinAmp plays them out of order.

It's downloading them and creating the names as:

1 - track.mp3
2 - track.mp3
9 - track.mp3
10 - track.mp3

So when Winamp plays them, it plays track 1 first, then 10, then 11.

How can I get jemplode to save the track numbers as:

01 - track.mp3
02 - track.mp3
10 - track.mp3

I tried putting a 0 in front of it like 0{tracknr} but that ended up with the same problem because 10 became 010 and thus had the same unwanted playback result.

Thanks,

-Allistah
Posted by: tfabris

Re: jemplode question - 21/05/2004 20:18

The parameter you want in the Jemplode options is {tracknr:2} so that it pads the track numbers to two digits. Problem solved.
Posted by: Allistah

Re: jemplode question - 21/05/2004 20:23

Ha, sweet. That's exactly what I was after. Thanks a bunch!
Posted by: canuckInOR

Re: jemplode question - 11/11/2005 08:28

Dredging up an old thread here, since it's the only applicable post that my search found...

Is there some documentation somewhere about what the accepted format strings are? I never would have guessed {tracknr:2}, for example.

edit -- okay, I found the list of field names by clicking the jEmplode link at the top. I still don't see where the :2 comes into play.

Specifically, I'd like to name tracks with a _ in place of a space. Possible? Or do I break out perl?
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: jemplode question - 11/11/2005 14:40

The ":2" pads single digit numbers with a leading zero.

Re: jemplode question - 11/11/2005 15:57

Sorry, my edit wasn't precise. I understand the ":2" I just don't see it documented anywhere, aside from the example in this thread. A :# can be appended to tracknr, so I'll assume it can be used as a modifier for other numerical tags. What other undocumented (or, more likely, documented in a place I haven't yet found) modifiers exist? Is there one that turns spaces into underscores? Or is that an option under preferences?

Re: jemplode question - 11/11/2005 16:15

Now that I have some slightly better search terms, I'm finding a few more hits, but none that have answered my question. One contained some off-site links that didn't work. Looks like a lot of people have had this issue (particularly with zero-padding track numbers) -- perhaps the documentation (if it exists) needs to be put in a more prominent location...
Posted by: srhodes

Re: jemplode question - 07/10/2010 17:43

Just when I needed it, there it was. BBS comes to the rescue again.