When is the next Beta release?

Posted by: burdell1

When is the next Beta release? - 08/12/2004 15:47

I have had the problem for quite awhile that i can change radio stations on my empeg ( i have version 2.00.) I remember a long time ago trying the beta release, which let me do that, but it was really buggy and kept rebooting (if I remember correctly...it was awhile ago.) When will the next Beta release be?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: When is the next Beta release? - 08/12/2004 15:51

There is no timetable for beta releases, as they are done in the team's spare time.

If you don't want to wait for the next beta release, simply click here for a perfectly acceptable fix to that problem.
Posted by: robricc

Re: When is the next Beta release? - 08/12/2004 17:47

I'm currently using 2.01 with Hijack as my main player app. I use the hijack KnobSeek function to help with the auto-seek issue. Maybe you could add that to the FAQ Tony?

I would use 3a8, but it can never remember where it left off when the car was shut. I could use 2b13, but my main player has 48MB of RAM.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: When is the next Beta release? - 08/12/2004 19:07

Quote:
I use the hijack KnobSeek function to help with the auto-seek issue. Maybe you could add that to the FAQ Tony?

Okay. It's not exactly the same, but I'll put it in there.
Posted by: Shonky

Re: When is the next Beta release? - 08/12/2004 19:20

Quote:
I would use 3a8, but it can never remember where it left off when the car was shut. I could use 2b13, but my main player has 48MB of RAM.

Are you sure about that Rob? Mine would pretty reliably forget (80-90% of the time) the running playlist etc with 3.00a7 but with 3.00a8 it's working perfectly saving the running order.
Posted by: robricc

Re: When is the next Beta release? - 08/12/2004 19:59

Definitely sure. It never remembers. I mostly listen to 4-hour long playlists where the MP3s are divided into 4 hour-long tracks.

When listening to normal tracks, it almost never seems to remember either, but I am less certain of that.