Washington DC area

Posted by: frodo_lives

Washington DC area - 10/12/2004 15:26

Does anyone know anyone who is technically saavy in fixing my empeg reciever? I have already tried to do all the troubleshooting schemes, and still nothing. just frustrated.upon bootup, it keeps on switiching from one action to another. it could a corrupt file that has done this, but i cant even connect it to hyper terminal to delete the possible currupt file. any suggestions?
Posted by: mtempsch

Re: Washington DC area - 11/12/2004 08:37

Quote:
i cant even connect it to hyper terminal to delete the possible currupt file. any suggestions?

JFust to be aure, you do have the developer version of the software loaded?, and the proper hypertermial settings? (see the FAQ)

With a boot log, the forum oracles can probably find something to start digging at. If we can't make it to the point where hypertermial works to get a boot log, you probably need to send it in to someone to make any progress, Rob S or Eutronix, for instance
Posted by: bbowman

Re: Washington DC area - 12/12/2004 12:51

Which actions does it switch between? Do you think there may be alot of infrared signals there? Maybe it is getting commands from stray IR.

Just a thought.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Washington DC area - 12/12/2004 14:38

You may also want to take a look at this thread, especially if it is switching between various sources.
Posted by: schofiel

Re: Washington DC area - 13/12/2004 17:16

Do you mean an empeg player, or a RIO Receiver?

When you say "one action to another", what do you mean? Can you give an example?

When you say "corrupt file", what do you mean? an MP3 track?

Have you tried using some other terminal program running at 115k8N1NH?