Need Help: Emplode Has Encountered Problem

Posted by: Gallagher419

Need Help: Emplode Has Encountered Problem - 05/01/2005 17:16

Ok today I got my MkII and I installed the software from the software install cd. It told me to upgrade to a newer version of software for the player so I did and when I start up the new version of Emplode everything boots up and as soon as it's done I get this message:
"Rio Emplode has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience."
Error sig
Appname: emplode.exe
Appver: 2.0.19.00
Modname: emplode.exe
Modver: emplode.exe
Offset: 0005a70

After this all it does is shut emplode down. I am running Windows XP on my computer. Can anyone help I can't seem to find an answer in the FAQ section. Thanks in advance! BTW this is my first time owning an MkII.
I also forgot to mention that sometimes when I open up Emplode and the player is highlighted when I click ok it tells me that the player doesn't appear to be connected but it is plugged in via usb.
Posted by: Qtqc

Re: Need Help: Emplode Has Encountered Problem - 05/01/2005 17:58

Hey, have you tried connection via ethernet?
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Need Help: Emplode Has Encountered Problem - 05/01/2005 18:14

Did you upgrade both the player firmware and emplode?

Matthew
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Need Help: Emplode Has Encountered Problem - 05/01/2005 19:28

Quote:
sometimes when I open up Emplode and the player is highlighted when I click ok it tells me that the player doesn't appear to be connected but it is plugged in via usb.

That is definitely this problem.

See if solving that problem also solves your crashing problem, too.

Make sure that you have put software version 2.0 final on the player, and that your Emplode version is also 2.0 final.