Missing right angle adaptor for tuner module

Posted by: Goldie

Missing right angle adaptor for tuner module - 05/02/2006 13:00

Hi,

I have a Mark 2 empeg and an original tuner module. I've had my empeg installed for some time in my Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi but I haven't gotten around to installing the tuner module.

Upon looking at a few comments here it seems apparent that I am missing a right-angle adaptor for the tuner module.

Is there any way I could obtain a replacement adaptor?

TIA.
Posted by: boxer

Re: Missing right angle adaptor for tuner module - 05/02/2006 18:13

You don't say where you are, those adaptors cost peanuts in Europe, but from other threads it seems that you're fleeced in the U.S.!
Posted by: mlord

Re: Missing right angle adaptor for tuner module - 05/02/2006 18:26

It's a standard electronics shop part -- you could go hunting for one locally, or try and find it at digikey.com.

If you're near Toronto, they're a stock item at Supremetronic on Queen St.W.

Cheers
Posted by: robricc

Re: Missing right angle adaptor for tuner module - 05/02/2006 19:19

This LOOKS like the correct thing, but I'm not certain.

Re: Missing right angle adaptor for tuner module - 05/02/2006 21:31

I'm all the way over in New Zealand :-)

I purchased one of these: http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?...mp;SUBCATID=526 thinking that it would be just the ticket but the gauge of the insert is too big for the radio module antenna socket.

Re: Missing right angle adaptor for tuner module - 05/02/2006 21:52

Yeah, that one is the opposite of what you need. It is usually used in combination with the one that you need, thereby providing a sharp 90-degree turn for a "regular" antenna cable. My wife's Honda Civic needed that combo for the factory radio.

Cheers

Re: Missing right angle adaptor for tuner module - 05/02/2006 21:59

The one you do need is on the same site, though, Catalog number PA2048.

Cheers

Re: Missing right angle adaptor for tuner module - 09/02/2006 07:02

I went into JayCar today and picked up the right-angle adaptor and I now have an awesome working tuner (well minus the sigkills of 3.0A11 that is).

Thanks for your help :-)