UV light kit sounds cool .. but

Posted by: TankheaD

UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 26/04/2006 13:46

Has anyone had a go at it yet? Get good results? I'd love to see some pics before I decide to do UV or "normal" light kit.
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 26/04/2006 16:08

Check out these photos by Mach from this thread.
Posted by: schofiel

Re: UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 27/04/2006 07:21

I did this for Mach, it was straightforward to do - but I would suggest that if you do get it you are careful about the (unshielded) intensity setting you use and avoid looking directly at the LEDs for more than short periods of time.

A worthwhile thing to have if you are into flourescence!
Posted by: TankheaD

Re: UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 27/04/2006 14:32

Thanks guys. Machs' install does look sharp, but I think that I'm going to go with the white leds and use some filters for color. I didn't even think about the UV exposure thing, yeow!
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 27/04/2006 14:42

Quote:
Has anyone had a go at it yet? Get good results? I'd love to see some pics before I decide to do UV or "normal" light kit.

I have the UV ones and wish I had gone with the normal LEDs. Everything looks purplue with them, even my smoked button kit. Purple doesn't match my car too well.
Posted by: FireFox31

Re: UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 30/04/2006 13:31

Quote:
avoid looking directly at the LEDs for more than short periods of time.

I wonder if that's even possible. My empeg is always in my peripheral vision while driving. If those were UV LEDs, would it be burning a hole in the more subtle regions of my right eye?

Re: UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 02/05/2006 09:45

Perhaps I should clarify - I mean, to look directly at unshielded LEDs would not be good. If you have buttons in front of them, then it isn't going to penetrate the plastic.

Re: UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 02/05/2006 22:19

Quote:
isn't going to penetrate the plastic.

Well, that's not very "ultra" of that violet. Maybe we should call it "wimpy violet"

Re: UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 04/05/2006 08:11

Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 17/06/2006 15:39

Greetings!

Brad and I swapped display modules. I had already installed illumination in my players before the UV was an option. I always was tempted to convert one of them to UV. This way worked out well for both of us (hopefully).

I just installed a UV illuminated kit into one of the players. It has clear buttons and a neon red/pink lens. Needless to say, this player is named "labrat"...

Re: UV light kit sounds cool .. but - 18/06/2006 13:52

Hm, maybe with a Filener lens gell or two you could make a purple to match the UV through clear buttons. There was someone who always wanted purple lens/buttons....